Tiny Dancers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zane Low Radio 1, Tuesday 7.00pm

Tiny Dancers in session tomorrow night

Got tickets to go to tonights gig in Nottingham but can't be bothered to go.

If it was in Leicester or somert no probs, or even the NEC. But I'm bolloxed and thought of sharing my road with them dumb fuktards really doesn't appeal to me. Also need to walk the streets of the shithole late at night and can't be bothered to dodge the bullets or keep a look out for the tell tale glimpse of their blades flashing in the moonlight.

Nottingham Wankers!!!

If it was in Leicester or somert no probs, or even the NEC. But I'm bolloxed and thought of sharing my road with them dumb fuktards really doesn't appeal to me. Also need to walk the streets of the shithole late at night and can't be bothered to dodge the bullets or keep a look out for the tell tale glimpse of their blades flashing in the moonlight.

Nottingham Wankers!!!

Weird....I have just been listening to Radio 1 and they were on it with Zane Lowe. Must be pre-recorded.

Weird....I have just been listening to Radio 1 and they were on it with Zane Lowe. Must be pre-recorded.
It was, they recorded it a few weeks ago and then listeners had to vote one out of three bands which would be played.

Tiny Dancers won

Nottingham Wankers!!!

Snap. I had tickets too, but didn't go.

Today I have just taken receipt of:

I Will Wait For You - 7" Ltd Edition Vinyl set with poster and 2 records (1 x Gatefold)
I Will Wait For You - Ltd Edition D/load - Live at King's College
I Will Wait For You - Ltd Edition D/load - Demo
I Will Wait For You - CD Single feat:

1) I Will Wait For You
2) Flip Flop
3) Sun Goes Down (Live Steve Lamacq Session)
4) I Will Wait For You - Video

Luvvly Jubbly

Last edited:
These were on radio leics on Saturday night.

Review for I'll Wait For You from drownedinsound.com

Could this one be a grower? Seriously, I know there are people out there who swear by this outfit. People who say things like "Tiny Dancers? They're one of the best bands to come out of Sheffield", and "'I Will Wait For You'is a top tune, mate!". But on the strength of this single, I just don't see it.

'I Will Wait For You' is a decent enough song; an upbeat number augmented by a head-nodding beat, a fairground organ and guitar-work that sounds pleasantly crunchy. Lead singer David Kay can carry a tune, and seems to have more than a bit of range on him. But there's nothing in this song that elevates it into the 'must-have' category. It's cheerful enough, but by no means is it life-changing. Perhaps what slaps it down is that, overall, it seems incredibly twee - a sensation that's backed-up in no small part by the touchy-feely artwork on the sleeve.

At best you could say it's a competently composed and played pop song. At worst, it sounds like the second-coming of Dodgy. If that sounds like your thing, have at it. The rest of us already have enough sugar in our diets.

6/10

I take no notice of music reviews, particularly from those that are looking for "life changing" music.

Pretentious pricks

Last edited:
I take no notice of music reviews, particularly from those that are looking for "life changing" music.

Pretentious pricks

:038: :038: :038:

I hate all music journalists.

And that, as Alex would say, is a FACT!

Pretentious pricks

I was just trying to present a different opinion on them. I see your sentiment in ''life changing'' but I think the reviewer doesn't use it in that context.

A term I hate journalists using is ''Middle England''

Last edited:
2 Tiny Dancers songs came on the jukebox/TV last night when I was out. 20 to 9 was one of them, I can't remember the name of the other one though.

The songs that were on last night weren't too bad.

I'll be seeing them at Summer Sundae - just thought I'd let you all know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669