Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just filled it in and the results go completely against my thinking. Gulp.

I don't think Micky is actually one of the newest, but I suggest we put him in a Thai gogo outfit and leave him by the club shop all weekend.
Sack, not Macky. I was drunk. Still am probably, haven't checked yet.

Well Arsenal have now a replay in Dull to add to their list of fixtures.
Well done Brucey I bet they didn't want it either.
cafe's been quiet recently I wonder if he will roll up for the replay?
Questios:
Did the mighty Dull finish with 11 players still on the pitch?
Did the Arsenal players do a lap of honour?
Did Wenger a) blame the officials, b) smile c) Blame Alex Fergusson, d) say his players were tired?

Today's games not going for us...

Spurs out to Palace and Man City losing 3-1 to Chelsea. Was hoping they'd both stay in!

Spurs out to Palace and Man City losing 3-1 to Chelsea. Was hoping they'd both stay in!
Chelsea to the final for me please, since we play them the week before.

I would imagine that Arsenal are now seriously considering their future (or otherwise) in the competition.

I would imagine that Arsenal are now seriously considering their future (or otherwise) in the competition.

I'd think Arsene would also be eyeing up a potential double and history making 3rd DA Cup on the bounce, especially if they are virtually out of the CL by midweek.

I think, it will go down to the last match of the seas0n.
Us and spurs on equal points, we play Chelsea at Stanford Bridge
Spurs play Newcastle at St. James' Park
and guess who don't win the league

I think, it will go down to the last match of the seas0n.
Us and spurs on equal points, we play Chelsea at Stanford Bridge
Spurs play Bournemouth at White Hart Lane.
and guess who don't win the league
Arsenal

You could almost feel the writers ripping up their 'bubble's burst' pieces yesterday. So many still expect us to falter.

I prefer to look at the respective squads in the top four and their recent habits in the run in.

• Leicester - two years ago won the Championship, last year fought a tense and dramatic relegation battle. Both ended successfully.
  • Spurs - nothing of note. 20 points from their last 12 matches last year and 19 the year before as they finish 6th each time.
  • Arsenal - 27 points from their last 12 last season, 23 points the year before for 3rd/4th place finishes.
  • Man City - 24 points from their last 12 last season, 29 points the year before for for 2nd/1st place finishes.

It all makes me think that the most likely to falter are Arsenal and Spurs. Both don't have any experience of coming through at the end of the season. Man City remain our biggest threat for me, because if they can get their act together, they can win ten in a row. Going nine points clear of them is massive.

If we can find a way to beat teams at the KP that play like Norwich did, we can do it. We need to tap into the last couple of years experience to see us through because everything we need to know is there.

You could almost feel the writers ripping up their 'bubble's burst' pieces yesterday. So many still expect us to falter.

I prefer to look at the respective squads in the top four and their recent habits in the run in.

• Leicester - two years ago won the Championship, last year fought a tense and dramatic relegation battle. Both ended successfully.
  • Spurs - nothing of note. 20 points from their last 12 matches last year and 19 the year before as they finish 6th each time.
  • Arsenal - 27 points from their last 12 last season, 23 points the year before for 3rd/4th place finishes.
  • Man City - 24 points from their last 12 last season, 29 points the year before for for 2nd/1st place finishes.

It all makes me think that the most likely to falter are Arsenal and Spurs. Both don't have any experience of coming through at the end of the season. Man City remain our biggest threat for me, because if they can get their act together, they can win ten in a row. Going nine points clear of them is massive.

If we can find a way to beat teams at the KP that play like Norwich did, we can do it. We need to tap into the last couple of years experience to see us through because everything we need to know is there.

Get the point you're trying to make but it's somewhat irrelevant. Prior to our Championship winning campaign we had faltered badly and only squeezed into the play offs on the final day of the season and so by that yardstick it wouldn't make sense for us to go on and win it so comfortably the following season.

Truth is Leicester and Spurs have comfortably the best 'teams' in the league and played the most consistently. 2 of the 3 games they've lost this season (us and Utd on the opening day) they have been the better side and were really unlucky to not take something from each game. I really can't see them tailing off dramatically. I certainly don't think they'll lose too many matches but draws could cost them.

Whilst experience does play a part, I'm expecting Spurs to win it if we falter. I think injuries/suspensons will play a larger part than experience for us and Spurs at the tail end of the season due to both teams' lack of squad depth when compared to Arsenal and Man City

We could be 9 points clear of Citeh by Tuesday night - Spurs have West Ham mid-week and then Spurs meet Arsenal next Saturday. In theory we could be 9 points clear of either Arsenal or Spurs - I'm more worried about Spurs snatching it than Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669