Todays Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

Dont know what the attendance was but if i was a season ticket holder i would be so annoyed with having to hand out another £10 to watch a game.
Surely a season ticket should allow a supporter to watch every home game.
This would also benefit the club because their would have been more fans in the ground which would mean more food, drink and programmes sold so making more money for the club. The club still had to employ all the catering and stewards regardless of how many fans turned up so why charge every fan £10/£15 and make a loss or at most break even?

I was expecting about 20,000 at the game, 16,800 aint terrible but like you said they should let season ticket holders in for free.

Because, quite simply they make more money doing it this way!!

20,000 x £10 = £200,000

20,000 buying a £3 programme and £4 on food and drink = £140,000
40% of people going don't buy a programme or food/drink so you could probably slash the £140,000 by 40%. Then you have to deduct the cost of the food/drink and programme to the club. Probably lucky to get £50,000 out of it.

Giving it to season ticket holders free wouldn't make more people go!! Season Ticket holders are usually the most loyal fans and are likely to pay the £10. Why give something away for free that 13,000 fans would buy for £10 anyway!?

Lboro fox said:
think 16800, not too bad considering............

Season ticket holders should be allowed to see every home game, cos you bloody well pay enough for it :x .
Not to long ago you would get 3 fa cup tickets in the book.But the greed of the club watered it down by replacing fa cup tickets with lge cup tickets.
Now its even worse.
Season ticket holders should have got in for nothing today. The prices for anyone else being a tenner for adults and a kids for a quid. This would probaly have got 25-30000 down there.
Larger crowd----- more programs sold---more merchandice sold----more burgers sold----better atmosphere.Makes tho old blood boil. Wake up city, this was a missed opportunity today.

Because, quite simply they make more money doing it this way!!

20,000 x £10 = £200,000

20,000 buying a £3 programme and £4 on food and drink = £140,000
40% of people going don't buy a programme or food/drink so you could probably slash the £140,000 by 40%. Then you have to deduct the cost of the food/drink and programme to the club. Probably lucky to get £50,000 out of it.

Giving it to season ticket holders free wouldn't make more people go!! Season Ticket holders are usually the most loyal fans and are likely to pay the £10. Why give something away for free that 13,000 fans would buy for £10 anyway!?

If this is the case then the club would not offer a season ticket to anyone and tickets would go on a first come first served basis. The whole idea of a season ticket is so you can reserve your seat for every home game. It should not mean every home league game but, sorry, you need to pay for the rest.

It also seems you were very wrong about the amount of season ticket holders who turned up today. The kop was dead, my mate sits in the old SK1, and the amount of seats empty was unbelievable. I sat in East Stand so dont really know how many empty seats there were. But the west stand corners were deserted and the North Stand (which i can partly understand, i mean, if i had a family of season ticket holders i wouldnt pay an extra £30-£40 for the priviledge of sitting in my old seat.

I have to say i totally agree with Brauny Blue on this one

It's sad to see that we can't get a decent crowd for an FA cup tie, the biggest club cup in the world.
I'm not a season ticket holder and I went down for the first time this season today, as I am a student in Lincoln I don't get to go as often as I would like. Ok we were playing a league 1 team, but Man Utd got in excess of 65,000 today and they were playing lowly Exeter, and no doubt fielded a reserve team. I agree that season ticket holders should get in for free, but from what I've heard most that didn't attend did so, because they are sick and tired of the teams poor performances. where's the loyalty there?

Maybe i'm being harsh.

chrislcfc18 said:
If this is the case then the club would not offer a season ticket to anyone and tickets would go on a first come first served basis. The whole idea of a season ticket is so you can reserve your seat for every home game. It should not mean every home league game but, sorry, you need to pay for the rest.

For a start i am not saying season ticket holders shouldn't go for free, i am saying from a profit point of view it is better for the club to do it the way they are at the minute. My reply was to your first post about making money remember!!!!

Your point about not offering season tickets does not make sense one bit. Could you re write it explaining your point because you have lost me chap.

Just to make a point though it is down to the club what the "meaning" of a season ticket is. Also your seat is reserved for cup games, as long as you purchase your ticket by the set date you can sit in your season ticket seat.

chrislcfc18 said:
It also seems you were very wrong about the amount of season ticket holders who turned up today. The kop was dead, my mate sits in the old SK1, and the amount of seats empty was unbelievable. I sat in East Stand so dont really know how many empty seats there were. But the west stand corners were deserted and the North Stand (which i can partly understand, i mean, if i had a family of season ticket holders i wouldnt pay an extra £30-£40 for the priviledge of sitting in my old seat.

You seem to be missing the point, I'm not saying every single season ticket holder will buy a ticket. But the probability of it is that about70-80% of season ticket holders will go. Whether in their allocated seat or in another area. My whole point is why give something away for free that people will buy??

Yes the club had diddled the fans over the years by slowly removing the cup tickets, but if they were to put cup tickets back in they would add another £20/£30/£40 to the price of a season ticket!

Although you make a valid point Babylon, i do believe the club needs to do more to entice people to go .
I was a frequent season ticket holder in the 80's thru to the end of the MON reign. Since the old mortgage and my subscription to sky came along there is less money to burn so i became more selective on matches to go and see.
I feel that the current situation is that we have the worse team for 10 yrs and the fans are in danger of deserting because they are not happy with the garbage being served up.
If city had made a good offer yesterday they may have had 5000+ more kids pestering their fathers to take them to the next game. In other words get the punters in and make it so they want to come back.
I am still an ardent city fan and always will be, but i did not want to pay that much money to go and see what imo is a poor Leicester side.

Brauny Blue said:
If city had made a good offer yesterday

Cup prices are not set by the home side, the prices are jointly agreed by both clubs, as both clubs share the gate money.
There have been occasions in the past when Leicester have wanted to reduce prices but have not been allowed to by the away side.
I think yesterday's prices were reasonable, for the standard of opposition., and the attendance wasn't bad - we got more than a lot of other clubs (eg 7,000 at Cov, 12,000 at Wolves, 14,000 at Derby)

Brauny Blue said:
Although you make a valid point Babylon, i do believe the club needs to do more to entice people to go .
I was a frequent season ticket holder in the 80's thru to the end of the MON reign. Since the old mortgage and my subscription to sky came along there is less money to burn so i became more selective on matches to go and see.
I feel that the current situation is that we have the worse team for 10 yrs and the fans are in danger of deserting because they are not happy with the garbage being served up.
If city had made a good offer yesterday they may have had 5000+ more kids pestering their fathers to take them to the next game. In other words get the punters in and make it so they want to come back.
I am still an ardent city fan and always will be, but i did not want to pay that much money to go and see what imo is a poor Leicester side.

I completely agree with you mate, i would rather have a full stadium than a half full stadium with 17,000 in it. The point i have been making was regards the first post in this thread where it said more money would be made giving season ticket holders free entry, when quite simply it wouldn't and would be bad business.

The club should do more to get more people into games but their main priority is to make as much profit as they can. Say yesterday there was 5000 kids who paid £5 each thats £25,000. If tickets were £1 each you might get 10,000 kids going but you only make £10,000. With the extra adults ticket you would sell you may make another £10,000 but you would still be down on profit.

The whole reason i started this post was because i was debating the situation with my mums friend before the game. Her opinion was, and i think she speaks for most season ticket holders, that the supporter puts a heck of a lot of money in to the club through season ticket sales and does not get much in return apart from the 10% discount in the store and the restaurant plus priority tickets.
When i was watching the game yesterday it felt like watching the reserves, not because of the quality of the game but the lack of support. The Blackpool fans were singing for the majority of the game but we were so so quiet.
I may have been wrong about the financial point of the ticket sales but it would certainly of benefited the club and the team had there been 7 or 8,000 more fans there had season tickets been valid. This would have created a better atmosphere within the ground and players seem to perform better when there are more fans cheering for them and maybe just maybe we would have won yesterday.

I think the season ticket holders who stayed away would have been trying to make a point to the club.

I think yesterday's prices were reasonable, for the standard of opposition., and the attendance wasn't bad - we got more than a lot of other clubs (eg 7,000 at Cov, 12,000 at Wolves, 14,000 at Derby)

Come on £15 for a standard fan to see Leicester Vs Blackpool, get real, its no wonder we only filled half the stadium and its certainly no wonder the family end was nearly empty.

If the club intended to charge fans for FA Cup ties then it should be £10 adults and £1 juniors and maybe a little more in the later rounds when more fans are likely to turn up and Season Tickets valid for each game. This is suppose to be the MAGIC OF THE FA CUP. It was more like the old Anglo Italian cup ties years ago (Oh, and those games were part of your season ticket, from what i remember).

webmaster said:
Brauny Blue said:
If city had made a good offer yesterday

Cup prices are not set by the home side, the prices are jointly agreed by both clubs, as both clubs share the gate money.
There have been occasions in the past when Leicester have wanted to reduce prices but have not been allowed to by the away side.

I bow to your superior knowledge webbo :wink:

chrislcfc18 said:

Come on £15 for a standard fan to see Leicester Vs Blackpool, get real, its no wonder we only filled half the stadium and its certainly no wonder the family end was nearly empty.

If the club intended to charge fans for FA Cup ties then it should be £10 adults and £1 juniors and maybe a little more in the later rounds when more fans are likely to turn up and Season Tickets valid for each game. This is suppose to be the MAGIC OF THE FA CUP. It was more like the old Anglo Italian cup ties years ago (Oh, and those games were part of your season ticket, from what i remember).

I complained (to the club, as well as on here) about cup matches being taken out of the season ticket at the start of the season, as the club seemed to be doing this to impose hidden price increases, after claiming the price had been frozen.

The prices for cup matches have to be agreed by both sides. So Leicester can't just charge what they like.
If the cup match was included in the price of the season ticket, the away team would still get their share of that money (whether those fans turn up or not) - but as they would get a guaranteed income from the 15,000 or so season ticket holders, it's not a good way to encourage them to agree to cheaper prices. So if it had been included in the season ticket, I doubt whether it would have been as cheap as £15 for everyone else.

But given that it's not part of the season ticket, I think £10 for season ticket holders and £15 for non season ticket holders is reasonable.

The prices we paid on Saturday were generally lower than we'd have paid to watch a league one match. The cheapest ticket for a Blackpool home league game is more than £15, so their fans thought it was a bargain!

And the attendance of almost 17,000 was not bad, compared to atttendances for similar matches in the past, and similar matches this weekend.
For our fourth round replay against Arsenal in 2000 we got only 15235.

Adult prices for a few matches this weekend:

Leicester v Blackpool £15/£10
Charlton v Rochdale - £18
Cov v Crewe - £19
Reading v Swansea £16/£13
Luton v Brentford - £17.50

Webbie, the voice of reason. :wink:

Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:
its certainly no wonder the family end was nearly empty.

Tell me about it, my legs were freezing with no-one sitting in front of me!

I normally sit up there too... I don't regret getting those seats in B2 though... we were front row right next to the home dugout... it was fascinating to watch Levein and Houston in action... also see the reaction of the Subs as well.

Levein regularly said things like "why did he do that?" regarding players like Gudjonnson and Stewart. It was also good to see the encouragement he handed out when someone did something good. Mainly to Williams I have to say.

When Blackpool went in front he kicked the water bottles :D and when we equalised I thought Keown was going to come and join us in the crowd - he went ballistic :lol: :lol:

Well worth the £15 for me and my lad

this is a strange thread IMO. forgive my ignorance as someone whos never seen ure team play in the flesh, but surely at the start of the season when season tickets r bought, evryone knows they dont include cup games?? thats certainly the deal here, and its not like its a big secret or anything
gettin in for £10 sounds like a pretty good deal to me- £24 for celtic game at tynie on boxing day, maybe as low as £16 for a cup tie against a diddy team. u dont know ure living! :)

also, the figures earlier dont quite add up. surely catering, etc is done by subcontractors so the club will actually get a much smaller percentage from food etc?
it couldnt possibly b in the clubs interests to let season tickets in for nothing to a game they would mostly b willing 2 pay £10 to attend IMO

youngscot said:
this is a strange thread IMO. forgive my ignorance as someone whos never seen ure team play in the flesh, but surely at the start of the season when season tickets r bought, evryone knows they dont include cup games?? thats certainly the deal here, and its not like its a big secret or anything
gettin in for £10 sounds like a pretty good deal to me- £24 for celtic game at tynie on boxing day, maybe as low as £16 for a cup tie against a diddy team. u dont know ure living! :)

also, the figures earlier dont quite add up. surely catering, etc is done by subcontractors so the club will actually get a much smaller percentage from food etc?
it couldnt possibly b in the clubs interests to let season tickets in for nothing to a game they would mostly b willing 2 pay £10 to attend IMO

Last season we got the first home cup tie free with the season ticket, but this was removed before the start of this season. However the club advertised a price freeze on season tickets, but obviously we do not get the free match anymore. The club also said that we now get more games as we in the championship instead of the premier, almost felt fortunate that we had been relegated once id heard that, :wink:

From the start of the season the catering has been subcontracted out, probably because the club ran it so poorly last year, unfortunately the caterers are just as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669