Tom Soares - Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Taylor insists Tom Soares will not be leaving Crystal Palace to join Leicester City.

Rumours have claimed that Soares could follow the example of some of his team-mates by quitting Selhurst Park this summer.

Jobi McAnuff has joined Watford, Darren Ward has gone to Wolves and Gary Borrowdale is expected to sign for Coventry City.

But Palace boss Taylor has dismissed suggestions that Soares could be the next to go, after the midfielder was linked with a £1million switch to Championship rivals Leicester.

"I'm sure Gary Borrowdale and Wardy are gone and that's hopefully enough," Taylor told the Croydon Advertiser.

"I knew without the parachute payments, I would have to listen to offers for some players.

"If they are not in the team, I owe it to the chairman to save the wages.

"Now I'd like to think I'm covered because that's £3million's worth gone. Talk of Tom going to Leicester is a load of old rubbish."

Soares, eh?

mmmm

this one could run and run

He would be an absolutely brilliant signing IMO. England U21 player and a star in the making. We'd need to cough up about £3m and be Everton for him to leave London mind...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00