Tommy Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lboro fox

I didnt go to the reserve match against norwich but have just watched the highlights and tommy wright was class. Great long range goal, good poached tap-in, excellent passing and showed some quick feet in the box. Was this performance a one off? Cos at the mo i'd rather have him on the bench than blake, it would a bit of a pisser if he left for a small fee to a 2nd div club without getting a chance in the first team, think he deserves at least 20 mins against brighton.

The next time MA does a phone in/Q&A can someone ask what the crack is with this player?

Lboro fox said:
I didnt go to the reserve match against norwich but have just watched the highlights and tommy wright was class. Great long range goal, good poached tap-in, excellent passing and showed some quick feet in the box. Was this performance a one off? Cos at the mo i'd rather have him on the bench than blake, it would a bit of a pisser if he left for a small fee to a 2nd div club without getting a chance in the first team, think he deserves at least 20 mins against brighton.

The next time MA does a phone in/Q&A can someone ask what the crack is with this player?

Thought MA didn't listen to the fans and wished they would 'leave us alone'
I'm sick of hearing about us touting for yet another ageing reject when what we've got to do is develop some genuinely good players of our own and have the bottle to give em a chance. We should be scouring the world for top class potential not journeymen who have lost their enthusiasm. I've heard Arsene Wenger gives lessons.

I know he did nothing at brentford but he comes accross as the sort of player that requires some half decent players around him to shine. Like i said i def think he deserves a chance to prove himself, if he does nothing in the first team then he can go

Tommy Wright scored the only goal when we beat Forest so surely he should be picked just because of that?

Wilson said:
Tommy Wright scored the only goal when we beat Forest so surely he should be picked just because of that?

You don't want a bet on that "we'll be top by Boxing Day' quip, do you?.
Or did you say "we'll be topped by Boxing Day?"

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
No way is Tommy Wright good enough to play in the championship.

Blake would shine in League 1, Wright did not.

the onoly only blake would shine was if you polished him!

he's shite, always has been always will be shite. give wright a chance

the problem is people believe wright is a great young player because of that goal against forest, but lets be honest anyone could of scored that goal(except akinibiyu :D ). Unfortuanately i don't think he would be good enough however i do feel he should be given his chance, and then it's up to him to take it.

but theres a few good young players coming through like wright petrescu wesoloski, if the first team isn't performing give them ago, at least thet'll have some fight to try and stay in the team and might give the rest a kick up the arse!

but theres a few good young players coming through like wright petrescu wesoloski, if the first team isn't performing give them ago, at least thet'll have some fight to try and stay in the team and might give the rest a kick up the arse!

i havent seen much of tommy but i am pretty sure if he turns up and runs a bit it'll still be more effective than blake standing still and occasionally leaning towards a ball if it comes his way

Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Mate your a knob jockey.......I'm sure your not a Leicester fan and you just come on here to wind people up.

Blake is Shocking and has been given the chance.....Now it's Tommys Turn...he has never had a good run in the team, he always gives 110% where as blake gives less than 10%

muzzy magic said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

Mate your a knob jockey.......I'm sure your not a Leicester fan and you just come on here to wind people up.

Blake is Shocking and has been given the chance.....Now it's Tommys Turn...he has never had a good run in the team, he always gives 110% where as blake gives less than 10%

agree with most of that but the only thing i would agree with is blake doesn't give 10%

It's not really about the talent of Wright (or other youngsters) anymore, it's about the passion and commitment. Even if they come on for five minutes at the end of a match they're going to want to impress... us, Micky, their families, other clubs... whatever. Which is a lot more than 80% of our players seem to want to do at the moment. At least that could provide a bit of entertainment and wake the crowd up. Yesterday was truly boring, a performance from someone who cared (Tiatto aside) would have livened it up, even if they were rubbish (see the disappointment of people when Benji wasn't brought on?). If Wright is awful at least we'll all see it and perhaps start to trust Micky's judgement again... :lol: :wink: :roll: :(

why didn't he bring on big trev, he's better than blake!

i reckon play the under 19's for the next match, leave everyoine else out or on the bench!

I for one would like to see Tommy Wright given the next 4 league games with Dublin up front to see what he is made of. A run of Rotherham Away, Sheff Utd and Burnley at Home and QPR away should be a fair crack of the whip. As mentioned in an earlier thread how Blake is above Wright in the pecking order is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566