Too Much, The Magic Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

I do hope that they don't have any alcohol on board

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/D...itle-winning/story-21040041-detail/story.html

Details of Monday's open-top bus tour to celebrate Leicester City's Championship title and promotion to the Premier League were revealed today.

The route has been designed to make it the best possible celebration for fans.

The city's football heroes will be making their way from the top of the High Street, near St Nicholas Circle, to Town Hall Square, stopping off three times for photo opportunities at Shires Lane in the High Street, at the Clock Tower and at the top of Gallowtree Gate.

At the Town Hall, the team will be greeted by civil dignitaries during a 30-minute stop before heading back on to the bus and going out of the city centre via Granby Street and Northampton Square

Barriers will be placed along High Street and Gallowtree Gate and road closures will be put in place for the parade, which is due to take place between 2pm and 4pm on the bank holiday.

Thousands of fans are expected to line the streets in scenes similar to those in 2003, the last time the side reached the top flight.

Alan Birchenall, Leicester City ambassador, said he was hoping to be on the bus with the team on Monday.

He said: "I've been on previous ones and it's an unbelievable experience – I'll even work as the conductor if they let me on!

"It's been more than 10 years since the last time this happened and, after a lot of doom and gloom, it's great to celebrate like this. It's going to be a brilliant experience for everyone.

"The boys love to get this chance to acknowledge the fans and the fans will also be acknowledging the boys."

Leicester City fan Andy Wilkinson, who manages the branch of HMV in the High Street, which will be on the parade route, said: "I think it's going to be absolutely mad. I'm going to the game on Saturday and I know that's sold out, so I think lots of people will be wanting to come and see the parade.

"The turnout will be really great if they manage to win the game on Saturday and get the 100 points."

Leicester City secured promotion to the Premier League on April 5 with six games still left in the season.

Their away win against Bolton on April 22 sealed the Championship title.

Assistant city mayor Piara Singh Clair said: "It's an amazing achievement, not only to be promoted to the Premier League but also to be champions.

"It makes me feel very proud and it will bring a lot of new people and new business to the city.
"We've been waiting a long time for this.
"There will be a lot of celebrating after the final game on Saturday and I'll certainly be there for the parade.

"I'm sure many thousands of people will be coming out and there will be a lot of excitement in sharing the success with the players."

Last edited:
Sounds like it will be a major experience for everybody involved:023:

I´d give Homer´s left testicle to be there.

Alex told me it was about the size of a petit pois, so you might want to think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46