Tour de France 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiggins is 11 seconds off Armstrong for a podium. I don't think Armstrong's the problem for him, it's the other Schleck. Interesting weekend.

Wiggins is in a poser really. Go for it but possibly at the cost of a respectable decision or play a chess game in peloton, get his team to support him yet it could be all for nothing.

Wiggins is in a poser really. Go for it but possibly at the cost of a respectable decision or play a chess game in peloton, get his team to support him yet it could be all for nothing.

Nope, not a word.

Wiggins is 11 seconds off Armstrong for a podium. I don't think Armstrong's the problem for him, it's the other Schleck. Interesting weekend.

I agree Hazz, should be a great climb to Mont Ventoux on Saturday (I'll have to Sky+ it as I'll be in sunny Shrewsbury :))

Difficult to see how Wiggins should play it though, you're absolutely right, might be made a bit harder by the fact that with Contador in such a strong position there might be quite a bit of support from Astana for Armstrong and Kloden and Frank Schleck looked pretty good the other day in the mountains too

Wiggins looked tired the other day (pretty understandably) so it looks a tough job

The bloke deserves some credit, really does, it's some feat. I am bit worried though about his improvement he's done within a year....we've seen it before. Rasmussen.

Last edited:
The bloke deserves some credit, really does, it's some feat. I am bit worried though about his improvement he's done within a year....we've seen it before. Rasmussen.

Didn't he make some comment about doping on a blog, something like "don't worry I'm no Kohl", there were quite a few last year though weren't there

I know Di Luca (sp) has recently tested positive after finishing 2nd in the Giro but (maybe naively) it seems to me there are fewer scandals this year so far

Cavendish strikes again :038:

Five stage wins now this year, he is head and shoulders above the rest of the sprinters with today's win being particularly impressive given that it followed a 2nd category climb where he came under quite a lot of pressure from the other teams

Yeah just finished watching it on Sky+, as you say great effort by Wiggins, looked pretty strong until just at the end, by which time he'd basically done enough to do the main job which was to maintain 4th

Was always going to be tough to get any time on Armstrong who to be fair has done brilliantly too and seemed to be getting stronger as the days went on

Let's hope Cavendish can win the stage tomorrow and make it a brilliant ending to a great tour for the Brits

Wiggens finished 4th overall 6mins behind the winner and Cavendish won his sixth stage of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669