Gigs Tour & Gig Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to see Morrissey in Dunfermline in June, boyhood dream coming true

:) Saw him at the Trent arena a few years ago, sure he's a chubby less handsome version of his former self but it was still brilliant. You just need to hope that his set is more Smiths based than when I saw him.....

:) Saw him at the Trent arena a few years ago, sure he's a chubby less handsome version of his former self but it was still brilliant. You just need to hope that his set is more Smiths based than when I saw him.....

I think this tour is officially the Tour for the Swords (but more for cash/nostalgic reasons I suppose) so trying to get into that now... But it's gonna be fantastic just to see him in real life (if he turns up).

He is also going to be very surprised to see me as I plan to look like Robert Smith and dress myself in bacon.

Odd boyhood dream.

I always wanted to go to outer space or the centre of the earth - never Dunfermline.
There is no oxygen in outer space and it's very, very hot at the centre of the earth.

Did I mention I have a very annoying voice?

Why did people beat me up in school, Mawsley?

Swedish band...... General Surgery at Sumo this Saturday 28th

Last edited:
the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th of my TT stalking continues this coming week. Two nights in Cardiff then it's off to Dublin next weekend!

I've had serious tour withdrawal since deciding not to go earlier in the week to last night's show and then finding it was being filmed for the dvd. PFFFT.

Slightly over the moon. The Bluetones are doing their farewell tour this September, and the London date I could go to at the Shepherd's Bush Empire has sold out. However, they are doing a warm up gig in a pretty tiny venue, and it happens to be The Square in my home town of Harlow ( where I once trod the boards many moons ago ). Feckin' brilliant.

When I was younger, so much younger than today, I used to find it difficult to work out why old old blokes went to see old past it bands as if they were still relevant.

Anyhow,

Next week I'm off to see The Fall (promoting their new LP), supported by John Cooper Clarke.
I won't be (and never am) the oldest member of the audience.

When I was younger, so much younger than today, I used to find it difficult to work out why old old blokes went to see old past it bands as if they were still relevant.

Anyhow,

Next week I'm off to see The Fall (promoting their new LP), supported by John Cooper Clarke.
I won't be (and never am) the oldest member of the audience.

And how does going to see The Fall link in to your first statement?

Going to see Morrissey in Dunfermline in June, boyhood dream coming true
That was fun. As we fanatic Smiths fans often tend to do, I've always argued against those who think Morrissey is an obnoxious, self-obsessed, immature has-been - I see their point now - and if you expect to see The Smiths you're gonna be disappointed but I was very pleased.

And even if he keeps doing these best of-tours disguised as some new release tour, no-one can't take away the Smiths years, so it's worth going just for nostalgic reasons really (I was born four years after they split up but I'm a very nostalgic person you see).

You're making me feel very old.

Maybe you're about 6. That would explain it.
Yes, Jeff, and we won the League Cup just a few weeks ago; you're not old at all.

Now take your Alzheimer pills and ask the nurse to wipe your arse, granddad.

So then, The Fall & John Cooper Clarke gig. A small hall half filled with gents in their mid-fifties. And quarter filled with the mid-twenties crowd wearing 'The Fall' T-shirts.

Johnny Clarke doesn't change much, still looks just the same as 30 years ago. Still got the bag full of all of his poems, still quick with the one-liners. A bit of a shame that when he does an old fave, he does them super fast with no sense of feeling or timing.

The Fall were The Fall. Wonderful and not frightening, just The Fall.

Last edited:
nothing new DD.... metal bands have been doing cruise gig / festivals for a long time. They really are good fun too. I did one which went from Stockholm to Estonia and back.

Just noticed the Darkness are back and doing a UK arena tour this winter. Might have to go and check them out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566