Traditional Values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplehaze

At last some proper debate, long sentences, paragraphs, bliss!
No "gay" one liners, knob jokes, or mention of sh!t-ins. If calling people stupid gits and morons brings some interesting posts then I will have to come up with some more insults!

And no, I don't think I know it all, but I think people get carried away by this tradition thing. The maximum wage went years ago, shirts carry sponsors names, City's ground has advertising hoardings, (Leicester and Spurs were the last 2 top flight clubs to allow advertising in their grounds), Filbert Street has been demolished, players don't play for the shirt anymore, we can't stand on the terraces, the clubs badge was changed a few years ago for commercial reasons, the away strip was always white, loud music celebrates goals, games are played on a Sunday, 3 substitutes, the Premier League, The Coca-Cola Championship, Public Limited Companies, Sky TV etc., etc. All have altered the game forever and have destroyed the traditions that were in force for decades prior to these changes.

So where is the tradition? To object to the ground share on traditional values does not make sense. To object due to concerns about the likely financial outcomes is understandable! Nobody now would object to the introduction of floodlights, which at the time was probably as revolutionary as this proposed project.

Apologies to all. Green seats don’t matter!

So the justification for adding another one to that oh-so-long list, is because there is such a long list in existence ?

Great logic

Quite right.....everyone clearly has strong opinions on the subject but I am personally more concerned about the club doing everything possible to allow CL to build a better quality squad.

If that means ground sharing with The Tigers, then I welcome it!

Those who wish to sit in the cold for an extra 15 minutes after the game have the right to do so. Let's be honest, it won't make any difference. Even if 5,000 do so, the club is aware that 15,000 didn't and therefore they have the basis to proceed.

Tradition is important, but the tradition is not the Walkers Stadium or what happens there every second week.

Purplehaze said:
At last some proper debate, long sentences, paragraphs, bliss!
No "gay" one liners, knob jokes, or mention of sh!t-ins. If calling people stupid gits and morons brings some interesting posts then I will have to come up with some more insults!

And no, I don't think I know it all, but I think people get carried away by this tradition thing. The maximum wage went years ago, shirts carry sponsors names, City's ground has advertising hoardings, (Leicester and Spurs were the last 2 top flight clubs to allow advertising in their grounds), Filbert Street has been demolished, players don't play for the shirt anymore, we can't stand on the terraces, the clubs badge was changed a few years ago for commercial reasons, the away strip was always white, loud music celebrates goals, games are played on a Sunday, 3 substitutes, the Premier League, The Coca-Cola Championship, Public Limited Companies, Sky TV etc., etc. All have altered the game forever and have destroyed the traditions that were in force for decades prior to these changes.

So where is the tradition? To object to the ground share on traditional values does not make sense. To object due to concerns about the likely financial outcomes is understandable! Nobody now would object to the introduction of floodlights, which at the time was probably as revolutionary as this proposed project.

Apologies to all. Green seats don’t matter!

I for one still believe in Leicester City and value having a home for our football club. You won't re-brand me! And I don't believe selling out just one more time will help anyone...if it all offends you, and you can take the last killer punch...good for you, but I won't/can't quit!

Foxes never Quit!

Purplehaze said:
No "gay" one liners, knob jokes, or mention of sh!t-ins. If

See you at the sit in then you poncey cock. :wink:

Northants_Fox said:
Quite right.....everyone clearly has strong opinions on the subject but I am personally more concerned about the club doing everything possible to allow CL to build a better quality squad.

Those who wish to sit in the cold for an extra 15 minutes after the game have the right to do so. Let's be honest, it won't make any difference. Even if 5,000 do so, the club is aware that 15,000 didn't and therefore they have the basis to proceed.

Tradition is important, but the tradition is not the Walkers Stadium or what happens there every second week.

Fair enough, but what about the managers that follow him and the future of the club, I am so with Silver fox on this, great we get some money, but at what cost, we can wait and own the stadium 100% in the future. As I see it the Tigers need to do this a hell of alot more than we do, they need a new stadium and see this as getting it on the cheap, is it a coincidence that they had all of the artist impressions created and City had none.
Have you read my post on there opinion of what they are going to do?
O.k it is only comments but from thier side it all a done deal, at least Davies seems (on the face of it) be open to what the fans want.

Naughty Fox said:
A Tigers fan has just emailed me this link, he does not want to move but was taking the piss saying if they do move at least we (LCFC) will be playing in THIER stadium.

http://www.tigers.co.uk/sub_newsview.ink?nid=10398

'It's important that the stadium looks like it belongs to the Tigers'

So much for fecking 50/50 eh :twisted:

and we are stupid Purplehaze for being worried for the future of 'our' club :roll:

If we don't get enough money to keep up the payments or we go into administration (lets face it, there's a chance we could) then the tigers come up with an offer and buy the stadium because we don't have a say in it, they can't kick us out only buy us out, or we buy them out, but we will have a home.

Naughty Fox said:
Northants_Fox said:

Fair enough, but what about the managers that follow him and the future of the club, I am so with Silver fox on this, great we get some money, but at what cost, we can wait and own the stadium 100% in the future. As I see it the Tigers need to do this a hell of alot more than we do, they need a new stadium and see this as getting it on the cheap, is it a coincidence that they had all of the artist impressions created and City had none.
Have you read my post on there opinion of what they are going to do?
O.k it is only comments but from thier side it all a done deal, at least Davies seems (on the face of it) be open to what the fans want.

Naughty Fox said:
A Tigers fan has just emailed me this link, he does not want to move but was taking the piss saying if they do move at least we (LCFC) will be playing in THIER stadium.

http://www.tigers.co.uk/sub_newsview.ink?nid=10398

'It's important that the stadium looks like it belongs to the Tigers'

So much for fecking 50/50 eh :twisted:

and we are stupid Purplehaze for being worried for the future of 'our' club :roll:

Thankyou for the support...I was told by a high ranking LCFC official that the deal is not done yet and we can still make a difference. We can still have our say, not just for us but for our children, and their children.

This official also said in the same breath that if he were a betting man he would not bet against the ground share happening! Now is not a time to rest on our laurels...we must be vocal in our rejection of this. Go to a sit in, write to Tim Davies, do what you must but be heard. We all have a voice...use it!

It would be a lovely world if football, financing and the management of the game had not moved on...but it has and sitting in the stadium for a few minutes is not going to change that.
Our beloved club is run by persons whose main concern has to be the continued financial stability of the club. In my time, I have never come across a lease or buy scenario in my time where it was cheaper to lease. Quite the opposite, it is far more expensive to to do so. If it wasn't then there wouldn't be any lease companies out there making millions.

This really is no where near as big an issue as when we had to go through the sale and lease back a couple of years ago.

The manager after CL could be 12 months away. He could be 5 years away. So much changes in football and any business in 5 years that I really should not worry too much about that.

Tim Davis is making decisions for the clubs foreeable future based on what makes financial sense. Making decision on anything else other than this basis is what brought us to the brink of oblivion and administration. I would sooner the emotive factor is taken out of the process and we got on with supporting the players whilst the directors did the best they coud to secure it's financial future.

apologies guys for disagreeing with you.....tried to do so in an unoffensive way unlike the twot Chandler. It is a forum after all!!

Oh sod it, move the kop to the north stand, I'll be happy and shut up.

What chance :? ?

if we don't do this then if we do go back in adminastration then we could lose the stadium all together, then what we do, at least this way if we do go back in to admin again we will have a good chance of staying with some kind of home.

if we don't do this then if we do go back in adminastration then we could lose the stadium all together, then what we do, at least this way if we do go back in to admin again we will have a good chance of staying with some kind of home

You've changed my mind about the whole thing, now

Thanks for explaining it

:wink:

leicester_til_i_die said:
if we don't do this then if we do go back in adminastration then we could lose the stadium all together, then what we do, at least this way if we do go back in to admin again we will have a good chance of staying with some kind of home.

Actually, in that case we could lose it ouright because Tigers could buy our half...that we WON'T own if this deal goes ahead! Tigers will pay for half of the stadium, we will continue to pay the lease on the half we 'own'...If the deal goes ahead we could end up with nothing.

Also I am assured by a high ranking LCFC official that we will not go back into administration...so quit trying to roger us with that one :wink:

Northants_Fox said:
apologies guys for disagreeing with you.....tried to do so in an unoffensive way unlike the twot Chandler. It is a forum after all!!

No apology needed, you have your view, I have mine and other have thier own, thats life.

All I can see is a very big Tigers gain in this and very little for us, yes we do not own the stadium at present, but we surely have got to have the sole right to do so in the future. Nobody can really say what is the best financial route to take or what will earn more money in the future, short term/quick fix IMO is the ground share, we then never have the whole say in what the stadium can do in future. LCFC were already talking about concerts and future football internationals anyway, the only extra that the Tigers can bring is Rugby internationals. It has already been stated that all LCFC profits go to LCFC from games and merchendise and Tigers to them, only the other events outside of this would have a 50/50 profit split.
If we waited and got the ground just to ourselves take the 100% profit from the concerts and footy internationals and forfeit the rugby, surely we earn more that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669