Train Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

I am going to the Chelsea Flower show on 22nd May next year and need to get to London in the cheapest way possible. I'd ideally prefer train to bus and apparently the London Victoria is the closest station. However, I not averse to going elsewhere in London and picking up a tube ticket.

I have a full day ticket but would ideally like to arrive early doors and leave mid-late afternoon.

Am I too early for the best deals?

Cheers

I am going to the Chelsea Flower show on 22nd May next year and need to get to London in the cheapest way possible. I'd ideally prefer train to bus and apparently the London Victoria is the closest station. However, I not averse to going elsewhere in London and picking up a tube ticket.

I have a full day ticket but would ideally like to arrive early doors and leave mid-late afternoon.

Am I too early for the best deals?

Cheers
That's a Thursday so should be possible to get super cheap tickets through Megatrain.com but you are much too early for that.

And the first Megatrain tickets aren't available until the 11:59 train, which is too late for him.
You're of course correct. Depending on when he's going back, he could use it on the return though.

As it's a week day and you want to travel in the morning peak I think you'll be lucky if you find any cheap tickets at times to suit you.

Looking at what's available on 20/2, which has advance tickets available, there are single (one way) tickets available for £16 on the 04:37, which gets to St Pancras at 06:19, then they're at least £61, until 08:59, when there are tickets available for £26 (getting to St Pancras at 10:15).

You seem to be suggesting you would like to take a "proper" train to Victoria station. Victoria serves the south coast, so to do that you'd have to get to south London first. Trains from Leicester to London terminate at St Pancras International. To plan a journey from there to the show, use the TFL journey planner- http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/
Buying a day ticket or using an Oyster card for travel in London will almost certainly be cheaper than buying single fares.

Cheers guys. I want a good few hours there so I think a 12:00 departure may be too late. I might stick with my usual and drive to Stanmore/Canon Park and tube it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566