Train People

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

i was originally meant to be travelling back on the train today to brum-but having found out there is no train service from leicester to birmingham (or even a train service from new street to selly oak), i have decided to go home tomorrow instead to save myself a 3 hour bus journey! however i used a young persons railcard to buy my ticket-will i be allowed to use this ticket if i get a train after 9 but before 10?

i was originally meant to be travelling back on the train today to brum-but having found out there is no train service from leicester to birmingham (or even a train service from new street to selly oak), i have decided to go home tomorrow instead to save myself a 3 hour bus journey! however i used a young persons railcard to buy my ticket-will i be allowed to use this ticket if i get a train after 9 but before 10?

You can certainly use a Young Persons Railcard before 10 but will be charged a minimum fare for all journeys which start at or before 10 a.m. The minimum fare varies according to the type of ticket bought. What type of a ticket have you got, and how much did you pay for it after the discount?

ahem i did so before hand but the vailidity involving what bocs talking about was what i was unsure about-so pipe down missus:icon_wink

You can certainly use a Young Persons Railcard before 10 but will be charged a minimum fare for all journeys which start at or before 10 a.m. The minimum fare varies according to the type of ticket bought. What type of a ticket have you got, and how much did you pay for it after the discount?
i have a saver return standard class and i paid 8.25 for it

ahem i did so before hand but the vailidity involving what bocs talking about was what i was unsure about-so pipe down missus:icon_wink

i have a saver return standard class and i paid 8.25 for it

£8 is the minimum for a saver, so you will be OK.

The minimum fare before 10 for a Standard Day Return or an Open Day Return (or a European Open Return, whatever that is) is £16. For other ticket types it is £8.

after all that the train was so busy my ticket didnt even get checked! means i can use it again though:023::icon_wink unless the electronic barriers are clever enough to know its already gone through?

after all that the train was so busy my ticket didnt even get checked! means i can use it again though:023::icon_wink unless the electronic barriers are clever enough to know its already gone through?
they are clever and it will know it has been used

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58