Train People

Status
Not open for further replies.
after all that the train was so busy my ticket didnt even get checked! means i can use it again though:023::icon_wink unless the electronic barriers are clever enough to know its already gone through?

I'm always surprised when normally honest people think it's OK to defraud a railway company.

I'm always surprised when normally honest people think it's OK to defraud a railway company.
lots of people dont even know that its an arrestable offence not to be able to produce a valid rail ticket for the journey you have just made!

lots of people dont even know that its an arrestable offence not to be able to produce a valid rail ticket for the journey you have just made!
It might be arrestable, but it certainly isn't prosecutable.

It might be arrestable, but it certainly isn't prosecutable.
I think you can be,
I will have to come back to you on that one Melts, as someone got a caution that its going to the courts a week ago, I will speak to Revenue protection next time I'm at work.

I think you can be,
I will have to come back to you on that one Melts, as someone got a caution that its going to the courts a week ago, I will speak to Revenue protection next time I'm at work.
You can't be prosecuted for throwing your receipt away, it's not a crime.

Once you've left the station, you need produce nothing. It's up to them to prove you didn't pay.

You can't be prosecuted for throwing your receipt away, it's not a crime.

Once you've left the station, you need produce nothing. It's up to them to prove you didn't pay.

I think it's pretty obvious that when swwg said "just", he wasn't thinking of people who had already left the station.

I think it's pretty obvious that when swwg said "just"
If you can take everything this lost type, as what they actually mean, then you're a more trusting man than I :icon_wink

I haven't kept any of my train tickets, is it still an offence for me not to produce them?

When does it not become an offence?
you have to produce a valid ticket in order to exit the station, if not you may buy one, or you can be cautioned and summoned to court.

you have to produce a valid ticket in order to exit the station, if not you may buy one, or you can be cautioned and summoned to court.
When I returned to Leicester station in October, there wasn't anybody at the barriers to check the tickets and all the barriers were open :102:

When I returned to Leicester station in October, there wasn't anybody at the barriers to check the tickets and all the barriers were open :102:
ahem... they arent always staffed (we are short staffed at the moment)

When we went to Chelsea (League Cup) I showed a ticket on the overground but wasn't required to present it on the tube afterwards or the tube or overground going back.
Not enough inspectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58