Train to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singth

I am wanting to go to London for the day on my birthday (17th Feb) and am thinking of taking the train. I never use the train and I know some of you guy's do quite regularly so I was hoping for some help on how to get the best price/deal on tickets.

I am wanting to go to London for the day on my birthday (17th Feb) and am thinking of taking the train. I never use the train and I know some of you guy's do quite regularly so I was hoping for some help on how to get the best price/deal on tickets.

''Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway''.

I've just had a quick look on Megatrain. They have no early trains left, so you would be arriving just after lunch (approx 1pm) £9 single

Coming back they have availability on the 8.30pm (£11 single) or 10pm (£5 single)

Megatrain have a 50p booking fee!

The really cheap singles that are normally availble look like they have now gone.

An alternative is, National Express. They have loads of £5 each way funfares available on that day!

I've just had a quick look on Megatrain. They have no early trains left, so you would be arriving just after lunch (approx 1pm) £9 single

Coming back they have availability on the 8.30pm (£11 single) or 10pm (£5 single)

The really cheap singles that are normally availble look like they have now gone.

An alternative is, National Express. They have loads of £5 each way funfares available on that day!

I hadn't thought of National Express, might look in to that. Then again the missus is taking me out so I might insist on first class :icon_bigg

Cheers Notts

Last edited:
''Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway''.

ray_of_sunshine

Dont make the mistake i made when an appointment finished earlier than i expected tried return to Leicester about 5.00pm the ticket i had was invalid for this time so the choice was pay another £50 or wait until 7.00pm. Eight Leicester trains left during this time most of which were half empty. I even tried to bribe the guard who threaten to call the police unless i stopped hassling him :icon_lol:

Dont make the mistake i made when an appointment finished earlier than i expected tried return to Leicester about 5.00pm the ticket i had was invalid for this time so the choice was pay another £50 or wait until 7.00pm. Eight Leicester trains left during this time most of which were half empty. I even tried to bribe the guard who threaten to call the police unless i stopped hassling him :icon_lol:

Should have retired to the bar until 7pm:102:

I have ordered a ticket with mega-train and got a confirmation email from them with a number. Does anyone know who i give this number to? Do i exchange it for a ticket at the train station?

We discovered to our cost that if you have a return ticket to Harborough, but due to a change in circumstances actually want to continue to Leicester, that you can't just buy a single for the extra bit unless the train you are travelling on actually stops in Harborough. The conductor charged the full single London to Leicester price, despite the fact that we had tickets that covered the whole journey and the train was travelling through Harborough.:102:

I have ordered a ticket with mega-train and got a confirmation email from them with a number. Does anyone know who i give this number to? Do i exchange it for a ticket at the train station?

You show the number wherever you would normally show a ticket.

We discovered to our cost that if you have a return ticket to Harborough, but due to a change in circumstances actually want to continue to Leicester, that you can't just buy a single for the extra bit unless the train you are travelling on actually stops in Harborough. The conductor charged the full single London to Leicester price, despite the fact that we had tickets that covered the whole journey and the train was travelling through Harborough.:102:

If the booking office is open, you must have a ticket for the whole of the journey that you intend to take before commencing it. If you had gone to the ticket office at St Pancras to buy a ticket for the extra part of your journey, it would have been explained to you that you would have to take a train which stopped at Market Harborough.

It was an expensive mistake to make but I presume you claimed for a refund on the return portion of the StP to Mkt Harb tickets that you did not use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669