Trains and the people who operate them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrary to what you say, the cheapest tickets for your journey *have* been sold ; they went on sale about a month ago - you need to book at least 3 months ahead to get the cheapest fares.

Just tried to book a ticket on March 26th - no tickets available at cheap rate. Surprise surprise. I doubt they were ever available.

Just tried to book a ticket on March 26th - no tickets available at cheap rate. Surprise surprise. I doubt they were ever available.

You just tried to book a ticket on 26th March??!!?? How can you book a ticket on 26th March when it is only 28th December? Or do you mean that you have just tried to book a ticket *for* the 26th March?

Is this for another Leeds to London journey? If so, I'm not at all surprised that there are no cheap tickets available for that date - they haven't been made available yet. National Express East Coast booking horizon is Sunday 16th Match at thie moment - coincidentally the longest of any of the Train Operating Companies.

Clever people must be really pleased that there are unclever people like you around who have no idea how to find the cheap tickets. HINT: go to http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/en/Travel-Information/Advanced-Ticket-Alert/, enter your details and journey dates and NXEC will send you an email when they put the tickets on sale.

Last edited:
It's not so much the price I have a problem with, it's the myriad of different prices that each journey can be. The range and complexity is a joke.

What is complex about it? The lowest fares can be had by people who book early and can travel at a fixed time. People who do not or can not plan ahead and who want to retain flexibility pay more. Seems simple enough to me and simple enough for the tens of thousands who fly with airlines like EasyJet and Ryanair every year. Even British Airways charges less to people who book ahead.

why should it make a difference if i type in Leeds to London or type in leeds to sheffield - sheffield to london. it's nothing less than price fixing. The system needs a shake up.

I'm finding it easier to book a hotel in Paris for four nights AND return travel from London to Paris on eurostar than I am getting a train from leeds to london at the best price.

Pathetic.

You just tried to book a ticket on 26th March??!!?? How can you book a ticket on 26th March when it is only 28th December? Or do you mean that you have just tried to book a ticket *for* the 26th March?

Is this for another Leeds to London journey? If so, I'm not at all surprised that there are no cheap tickets available for that date - they haven't been made available yet. National Express East Coast booking horizon is Sunday 16th Match at thie moment - coincidentally the longest of any of the Train Operating Companies.

Clever people must be really pleased that there are unclever people like you around who have no idea how to find the cheap tickets. HINT: go to http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/en/Travel-Information/Advanced-Ticket-Alert/, enter your details and journey dates and NXEC will send you an email when they put the tickets on sale.

Pedant. I meant book tickets for March 26th. You said you need to book at least 3 months in advance to get the cheap tickets. Did you mean something else? An error on your part?

couldn't

Then it is one written and performed by Ben Elton as it is not very funny.

Well that wasn't very political, didn't even mention Mrs Thatch or anything.

BOOOOOO!!!!! Get off!!!! Say something funny

I think I might buy a donkey instead of a Honda 50

I think I might buy a donkey instead of a Honda 50

I'd rethink that if I were you Macky, a Honda 50 won't eat your stash while you're at work. :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48