Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

At Prideless park today there were many announcements that the FINAL train for Leicester left at 9.15pm. That didn'y make any diffrence to me as I was going back to Birmingham new street anyway.

But it seemed slightly odd that 3,500 Leicester fans needed to get home and there was No train service!

Anyway as soon as we arrived at the train staion amazingly there actually was a train to Leicester, clealy the Derby bastdads didn't want us victorios leicester fans to get home quickly. :twisted: :twisted:

This didn't affect me but if it effected you i highly suggest that you get in contact with some of the relevent authorities!

The last scheduled train to Leicester was 9.15, but if a lot of fans had travelled to Derby by train without realising the last train was so early they may have decided to put on an extra train (or delay the last one) to avoid having hundreds of angry Leicester fans stranded in sheep country.

Before they privatised the railway it would be normal to put on special trains for a match like this - and publicise them in advance, but that happens rarely these days.

webmaster said:
The last scheduled train to Leicester was 9.15, but if a lot of fans had travelled to Derby by train without realising the last train was so early they may have decided to put on an extra train (or delay the last one) to avoid having hundreds of angry Leicester fans stranded in sheep country.

Before they privatised the railway it would be normal to put on special trains for a match like this - and publicise them in advance, but that happens rarely these days.

Football specials! What a treat, they always used to drag out the old rolling stock for them, dusty broken seats, broken lights, sh*tty toilets with no paper because they would get nicked and lobbed onto the pitch and they sometimes had 'The naughty wagon' which resembled a cell on wheels for the bad lads. Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end......

those days are not gone, well the specials are gone but the shit trains havent..... after anfield last season we got an arriva train back home which sounds very similar to your description. apparantly alot of companies (such as buses) try and avoid travel times that coincide with football matches as they dont want the hassle (or business :shock: )

we have one train a week to send the herring to the markets

Hugh Jarse said:
we have one train a week to send the herring to the markets

No one cares :roll:

Pardon ?

I'm afraid I'm a bit hard of herring

you 'zany' english. like fawlty towers.

we have a factory near the sea and when the fish are emptied they are packed and frozen and collected from the towns on the coast once a week by our train!

if we swim in the harbour on factory day it's smelly but our hair looks nice too!

Anyone else think its slighlt odd that both Joe Fox and Huge jarse both start posting on the same day

Whoever started these fish jokes is a poor sole. He ought to mullet over first.

I once saw a fish in the kop - Spent the whole game singing 'Evening, evening'. I knew immediately it was a salmon. Because - Salmon Chanted Evening....

I once owed somebody some money. so I gave him a poorly octopus and said 'Here's the sick squid i owe you..."

Well you started it.

Kettering Pete said:
Whoever started these fish jokes is a poor sole. He ought to mullet over first.

I once saw a fish in the kop - Spent the whole game singing 'Evening, evening'. I knew immediately it was a salmon. Because - Salmon Chanted Evening....

I once owed somebody some money. so I gave him a poorly octopus and said 'Here's the sick squid i owe you..."

Well you started it.
:roll: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572