Transfers - Are we being left behind?

The lack of transfer incomings: are we being left behind?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

I'm sure Nigel Pearson would like them too.

But he's not allowed, because we are fecked financially

I agree, just trying to highlight the good business being done, we sure as feckity aint going to be challenging with the likes of Wigan Imo.

Calderfox

i'm more concerned about reading than wigan to be honest. wigan will lose more players in all probability, and coyle was crap at bolton and fluked a play-off win with burnley having finished 6th. don't rate him at all, just talks a good game.

it's crazy to say wigan are certs to challenge/we'll be nowhere near them imo, when you look at how poor wolves and bolton were at times last season.

Profondo Rosso

Have to agree, Reading are the only relegated team that worry me.

Wigan remind me of when Coventry or Southampton finally went down, except to an even bigger degree. A club who struggled for years in the PL, often staying up on the last day and when both finally did get the drop, they were both piss poor in the Championship as well. I also don't get the Coyle hype, he made Megson look like he did a good job at Bolton, ffs.

As for QPR, they are just a shambles.

Funny, everyone said the 3 relegated sides would walk the division last season as well and IMO last season's relegated sides were stronger on paper than this season's relegated sides and look how that turned out!

Last edited:

Miles Away

Agree on Bolton...have a feeling they'll be out of sight in short order.

Last edited:

M17TT C

Owen Coyle has as many promotions to the Premier League as Iain Dowie.

One swallow does not make a summer.

Lako42

Remember Wigan also have a Europa league to contend in. Didn't work too well for Birmingham in a similar situation.

I would imagine they will be out at the earliest opportunity.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

M17TT C

Although after a Google the Road Traffic Act 1998 Section 6(6) suggests otherwise.

Re refusing to give a breath test that is.

Chrysalis

in sport if you not getting better you getting worse.

we defenitly getting weaker vs our promotion rivals. same manager who is too predictable and lack of new signings.

With that said I dont believe we will go all summer signing noone, there will be some but I expect they possibly will all be loans.

homer

Peter Noone ?

Can he play at left back ?

pork pie fox

we defenitly getting weaker vs our promotion rivals. same manager who is too predictable and lack of new signings.

With that said I dont believe we will go all summer signing noone, there will be some but I expect they possibly will all be loans.

No. I think. Or possibly yes. I don't know.

Mawsley

Eric-Cantona-Quotes_2867077.jpg

depression2.jpg

Mystic-Meg-001.jpg

Redditch Fox

Yes.

There is no such thing in football as total stability.

Personally, I think that anyone who thinks that we will have a stronger squad next season is deluded. Just because the players will have been around a bit longer won't cancel out the obvious weaknesses in the squad....but most of the Championship clubs are in the same boat. I think we can finish near the play offs in around 6th to 10th place.

That Bolton geezer wanted a no relegation Premier League - they've now got through the parachute payments and spending restrictions an alternative route to protecting Premier League clubs. Its outrageously unfair but the Football League clubs wanted it to even things up in their own muck heap. As it happens Bolton are on the outside - and deservedly so.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Personally, I think that anyone who thinks that we will have a stronger squad next season is deluded.

I refer the honourable gentleman to post #34 in this thread wherein The Old Fox makes a similar suggestion and the responses in posts #36 - #38

The Old Fox

I refer the honourable gentleman to post #34 in this thread wherein The Old Fox makes a similar suggestion and the responses in posts #36 - #38

But M'lord, I put it to you that 15 out of 23 votes say that we are not losing out to other teams: is the suggestion that the Championship is to be even weaker than last season? I would further submit that several posts imply that a season playing together will make our squad stronger. Surely, this implies a "head in the sand", everything will work out for the good attitude.

The prosecution rests........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670