Trees Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand people who actually actively do HATE supporters of other clubs. It is just a bloody game. I don't hate anyone for following their club.

What I can't stand is morons who use football as a vehicle for their small minded views and for their violence and pointless hatred. Most of these people don't actually actively love the game or even understand it...they just use it for their own disgusting agenda.

Lets not let the idiots win any further by giving their actions the air time it deserves. We should just focus on the goodwill we all feel towards CLive Clarke and hope that he can pull through.

All in all the conduct of the clubs themselves has been excellent and I think Nottingham Forest Football Club have acted honourably. They have actually won out tonight regardless of any result. I just hope Clive Clarke is okay right now.

You're right of course, I thought the fact their manager came out and announced the game was to be abandoned was excellent. Most Leicester and Forest fans have forgotten about petty rivalries but I just cant believe that some people either dont understand the seriousness of whats happened or simply dont care. I hope when they wake up in the morning and the alcohols worn off that theyre all as ashamed of themselves as the rest of us are of them.

Regardless of this incident, football fans are a complete bunch of wankers. Incidents like this just highlight the fact a little more.

Unfortunately, we all fit into this bracket purely by stereotype alone, and personally I'm ashamed to be a football fan, not because of tonight, just in general.

One day "we're" singing songs about the IRA outside our own ground, three days later "we're" fighting in the streets after an event like this.

I'm ashamed to be part of any group with this stereotype.

No one is saying they hate being a football fan. Just that they hate the morons that seem to punctuate the game.

Football rivalries mean nothing at times like these and those morons who did react should be ashamed,

While you'd hope something like this could bring the fans closer IANGWOC I fear it might go the other way.

You're right of course, I thought the fact their manager came out and announced the game was to be abandoned was excellent. Most Leicester and Forest fans have forgotten about petty rivalries but I just cant believe that some people either dont understand the seriousness of whats happened or simply dont care. I hope when they wake up in the morning and the alcohols worn off that theyre all as ashamed of themselves as the rest of us are of them.

well said :038::038:

Well I certainly can't think of anyone involved in mindless violence that has changed the world for a better place, as opposed to those that avoid it and use their noggin instead.

I'm not sure I understand your point Treebeard.

I'm just saying that football violence has always been there & always will & the reason is that those involved absolutely love it.
Support for the team, or not, is entirely separate.

Regardless of this incident, football fans are a complete bunch of wankers. Incidents like this just highlight the fact a little more.

Unfortunately, we all fit into this bracket purely by stereotype alone, and personally I'm ashamed to be a football fan, not because of tonight, just in general.

One day "we're" singing songs about the IRA outside our own ground, three days later "we're" fighting in the streets after an event like this.

100% agree and have also felt like this for a while. I think it's one of the reasons why this season may be my last as a season ticket holder.

Last edited:
Whilst I understand your sentiment NN I don't agree that somebody that enjoys violence is any less of a fan or human being.
organised group violence is a human male condition unfortunately & has always surrounded football.

Macky, you know how much I love you, but I have to say that human males, in my experience as a human female, are not, in general, animals, and that organised group violence is not a characteristic of an evolved society.
The essential difference between humans and animals is that we (humans) make moral choices, whether we are male or female.
I will not accept any argument which denies any human, male or female, the moral dignity to rise above these facile gender divisions.
Men are in general as kind as women, and have their values. Group or individual violence is not a male condition. It's an aberration, whatever gender you belong to.

i dont get to many away games and wont go to many more if the attitude of some our so called supporters doesent change.some of the forest fans were bang out of order but for our lot to get involved when one of our players could have been dying is shamefull.also the idiots who think its clever to smoke in the ground,your nothing more than morons.
well impressed with the forest board and its decision and full marks to mr calderwood.

I agree, its obviously upsetting when something like thats happened and the opposition fans are taunting but I think some people saw it as an excuse to kick off which is unforgivable.

I now relise why i don't go to away games.

There are so many thick fcukwits that go to these games to abuse each other.

I won't be going to the replay thats for sure.

Last edited:
I don't hate being a football fan, I just feel ashamed of the reaction of some so called fans on occasions like this and despair that mindless toerags are around who want to ruin our sport. Having said that I despair of some of the things that are happening on a daily basis in what was once this great country.

Get well soon Clive and if reports as to the seriousness of his condition are true....well done to Dave Rennie and the paramedics who have apparently saved his life !!!!!

I heard from someone there that the trouble outside was mainly down to Leicester and that it was as bad as any he had seen since the 80s. Great.

I'm not sure I understand your point Treebeard.

I'm just saying that football violence has always been there & always will & the reason is that those involved absolutely love it.
Support for the team, or not, is entirely separate.

You suggested it doesn't make them less of a human being. I was suggesting it does. Very much so. Without going over the top here, there are those that push things forward in life, and there are those that drag it back.

I agree it's part and parcel of football, but don't expect me to level with these bellends. They're pond life. End of.

radio 5 say clive is stable. tim davies says " collapsed in dressing room". "thoughts with family... forest management brilliant.... qmc overnight.... no indications why collapsed..... no concerns about fitness before game..... main priority was clive which is why game abandond..... thanks forre$t...... replay in due course but no details..... not beem to see him but MA has...... not spoken to MA yet....."

Ashamed to be part of the human race. Welcome to the human race.

Last edited:
well said :038::038:

Thanks, coming on here has actually restored my faith in football fans a bit, on the way out seeing how some people behaved I was on the verge of just forgetting the whole thing.

On a more positive note, the last we heard he was conscious and talking and for tonight, at least, I think no news is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669