Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
Should we give him a chance or not?

I SAY YES WE SHOULD!

He could not be any worse. That statement worries me. :? :? :(

I say yes, him and Connolly up front. Benji works hard and looked good in the (admittedly only few) games I've seen him in this season.

By "good", I mean better than the other crap strikers at our club.

Still, Levein obviously realises the need for another striker, and is seemingly working on it with the apparent bid for Andy Kirk.

highland fox said:
No No No No No No No No..............................

I hear what you say, but standing pat will not help either. We do not have that good a hand to persist with the front two that we have. :roll: :wink:

I would love to see Kirky here, as I have said before...him and Connolly would be great together, both quick and together they would scare the defence shitless.

Steven,he struggles to stay on his feet for christs sake.I don't like slating him because he's a trier but he really isn't the answerand I think CL agrees hence he never plays him...Why? because he obvously doesn't rate him.

highland fox said:
Steven,he struggles to stay on his feet for christs sake.I don't like slating him because he's a trier but he really isn't the answerand I think CL agrees hence he never plays him...Why? because he obvously doesn't rate him.

Agreed, but surely at the moment both Scowcroft and Connolly join him as not being good enough. :?

I will be surprised if Connolly and Scowcroft don't start against Rotherham,not saying I agree with it but I believe that CL thinks they are his best option.I also think that Levein knows they aren't ideal but thinks his other options are no better.Wright and Benjamin are hardly banging them in for the reserves and until they do so I don't think CL will consider them.

O'Grady and Nalis. :wink:

The two Arthur's - Arthur Chandler and Arthur Rowley.
:lol: :lol: :p :p :wink:

sell the dopey fecker and buy some rugby posts.
he's as bad as blake, connelly et al

Lets be honest, if the goalscoring hopes of our wonderful club lie in the hands of a player who in the 4 years at the club, has been at best mediocre then I think it demonstrates the need for CL to be given the funds to bring in not one but two new strikers, for me David Connolly is worth keeping, he works hard, is skillful and has good vision and movement but at present is being hindered by the lack of quality service and strike partner's, this has led to DC losing a little confidence and also a real build up of pressure on him to deliver the goods. Hopefully the goal on friday night will help and start him on a goalscoring run.

For me though the rest of the strikers available to CL are poor, Benji, Blake and Dublin are clearly not good enough to play up front week in and week out in the championship. Scowcroft IMO is playing like he has already left the club, looks leggy, slow and disinterested, and Tommy Wright and Lee Morris have done little to demonstrate that they are in a position to step up to the plate.

We lack somebody with the ability to run at defenders, do the unexpected, we are too one dimensional and apart from Connolly all our other strikers are of the same ilk. We lack variety and options and that is why we need to ship out a couple of these and enable Levein to bring in a couple of players to pep things up.

I would let 2 out of Scowcroft, Blake and Benji leave in the transfer window if we can move them on and bring in two new strikers, I would keep the other as back up to the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669