Trust Wants All Fans Views!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foxes_Trust said:
Redditch Fox said:
This is where the Trust loses any credibilty. The ONLY way that the atmosphere will improve is through a Winning team - everyone knows that - except the Foxes Trust apparantly,

Try think to the first season at the new stadium, the atmosphere still wasn't as good as at Filbo - it was constantly talked about on the messegae boards then.

We won loads of games that season.

Yes its obvious that a winning team improves things, but other things can help too

The standard of football we played that season reminded me of Brian Little's team of thugs . Portsmouth went up champions and played with style. While we just got promoted. Maybe the Leicester fans could see right through it, and didn't get over excited because we knew it was a side going nowhere .

Two things to instantly improve the atmosphere:

1. Make the pitch bigger and the 'running track' smaller - i.e. get people closer to the action. If you can find one of the pictures they generated in order to sell season tickets before they finished the new ground you'll see it was a right con. When I bought my ticket I thought it was going be in really close position (to enable me to inform the linesperson where they were going wrong). Instead it turned out to be metres and metres away from the action and hence the linespersons are all crap. Someone I'm sure can check on the maximum size a pitch can be under FIFA regs. now we've got rid of the codgers we could let the team run a tiny bit further surely.

2. Every season ticket to include beer tokens.

Brauny Blue said:
Foxes_Trust said:
Redditch Fox said:
This is where the Trust loses any credibilty. The ONLY way that the atmosphere will improve is through a Winning team - everyone knows that - except the Foxes Trust apparantly,

Try think to the first season at the new stadium, the atmosphere still wasn't as good as at Filbo - it was constantly talked about on the messegae boards then.

We won loads of games that season.

Yes its obvious that a winning team improves things, but other things can help too

The standard of football we played that season reminded me of Brian Little's team of thugs . Portsmouth went up champions and played with style. While we just got promoted. Maybe the Leicester fans could see right through it, and didn't get over excited because we knew it was a side going nowhere .

Absolutely right - apart from the young kids and a few half wits, the mass of supporters are neither naive nor stupid - although LCFC is largely marketed on the basis that they are.

Anyone with half a brain in 2002/03 knew that Adams' promotion side was not viable - and they also understood that promotion was excellent news from a financial angle. We expected that side to get relegated - it went down like a stone and with about the same amount of fight. Not too much to get that wildly excited about.

Couldn't agree more, Redditch

Filbo went downhill when it went all seater, and then we lost the rest when we moved away

The atmosphere has NEVER been particularly good at the Walkers, due to playing kick and rush shite football - and it never will be unless we have a top side playing scintillating football

A feckin' drummer, and flags and whistles for f*ck's sake :roll:

Wankers

homer said:

Wankers

Agreed,a drummer is a total waste of money.You could bang out 'the beat' on your big fat gut....

homer said:

Filbo went downhill when it went all seater, and then we lost the rest when we moved away

The atmosphere has NEVER been particularly good at the Walkers, due to playing kick and rush shite football - and it never will be unless we have a top side playing scintillating football

Wankers

So, the message to the Foxes Trust is clear then:

1. demolish the Walkers;
2. re-build Filbert Street as it was in circa 1955 but with floodlights as a concession to the 21st Century- with a dispensation from the Ministry for standing on the terraces all round the ground - including the Filbert Street end - this will restore a 42,000 capacity;
3. bring back the brass band before the kick off and at half time;
4. bring back the mascot - if he is no longer with us - a replica could surely be found.

I can assure the Foxes Trust these simple measures will restore a great atmosphere - along with a winning side playing a forward line in W formation and a team mainly composed of Leicestershire born players - not a problem!

Redditch Fox said:
homer said:

Wankers

1. demolish the Walkers;
2. re-build Filbert Street as it was in circa 1955 but with floodlights as a concession to the 21st Century- with a dispensation from the Ministry for standing on the terraces all round the ground - including the Filbert Street end - this will restore a 42,000 capacity;
4. bring back the mascot - if he is no longer with us - a replica could surely be found.

I can assure the Foxes Trust these simple measures will restore a great atmosphere - along with a winning side playing a forward line in W formation and a team mainly composed of Leicestershire born players - not a problem!

So back in the real world......

Homer - suggest you complete the questionnaire if you don't want drummers & the like.

Some of the ideas on this survey have come from the club, not us, so if you don't want them - you better get voting!

a drummer is a stupid idea, its similar to boro and other teams playing music after they score, i tend to laugh when hearing it as it sounds pathetic. most lancashire teams have a drummer to make up for lack of atmosphere, but it only masks the 10 people who are singing and just sounds like 1 person playing a drum with no vocal support. away match attendances and general atmosphere in football has fallen massively over the years and will continue to do so in my opinion due to a change in culture

fitz said:
a drummer is a stupid idea, its similar to boro and other teams playing music after they score, i tend to laugh when hearing it as it sounds pathetic. most lancashire teams have a drummer to make up for lack of atmosphere, but it only masks the 10 people who are singing and just sounds like 1 person playing a drum with no vocal support. away match attendances and general atmosphere in football has fallen massively over the years and will continue to do so in my opinion due to a change in culture

Agree with you there. It don't help either when you keep getting a steward telling you to sit down. I think they forget that fans have passion , and if its an half decent game they will be up and out of their seats on a frequent basis.

Foxes_Trust said:
Redditch Fox said:
homer said:

Wankers

1. demolish the Walkers;

So back in the real world......

Homer - suggest you complete the questionnaire if you don't want drummers & the like.
Some of the ideas on this survey have come from the club, not us, so if you don't want them - you better get voting!

I would do normally, but the last time I emailed the Trust, to complain about the petulant immature twat who posted on here after the open meeting, they didn't even give me the courtesy of a reply

why dont you grow up and stop being like a spoilt little brat who doesnt get his own way

This has nothing to do with getting my own way, you ignorant moron

Keep your big beak out of it

cant remember the last time i was called a moron....whats up with you today :D

it's a combination of things IMO that you really can't do much about!!

to start with there is the rubbish football we have been forced to watch for the last few years, Adams policy of changing every player each summer which has ment that we have no connection with most of the players, and over the top pricing on individual match tickets which means that you have a half full stadium most games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00