Tsuneyasu Miyamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malf

Just been scouring the net for gossip and rumour has it we are on the verge of signing this chap. He is a Japan International, might even be their captain i'm not sure.

You've heard it here first when it doesn't happen.

Tsuneyasu Miyamoto's career has been marked by a series oe one unsure about his consistency. Not a particularly large or powerful defender to begin with, Miyamoto depends on good reflexes, cretitable technique and ball control skills, as well as excellent ability to distribute the ball from the back line to teammates downfield. Unfurtunately, he is also prone to slumps, when his reflexes and ball control seem to desert him, and has been harshly criticised for handling errors in the back line that cost his team victories (perhaps the deepest slump of all came in early 1993, when he scored three own-goals in a series of just a few months).

Each time it looks like he is on his way into obscurity, however, Miyamoto seems to fight his way back with a combative attitude and a hard-working dedication that has served him well both for Gamba Osaka and for the national team, over the years. The highlight of his career was no doubt his performance at the 2002 World Cup, where he wore the captain's armband and gained wide noteriety for the protective "Batman" mask he wore to protect a broken nose, as well as for his aggressive play at the center of the Japanese defence. Following this performance, Miyamoto was briefly the target of trade rumours involving several European clubs, including West Ham United. However, nothing came of this, and as we have already mentioned, he fell into a slump shortly thereafter which saw him drop out of the NT lineup.

But as he has done before, Miyamoto battled back, and won back his starting spot for Zico Japan, reclaimingthe captain's armband at the end of 2003. Hopefully this is the start of another spell of solid performances for Miyamoto. Gamba Osaka fans, as well as NT followers, will be hoping that he can develop a bit more consistency in his performances, in the buildup to WC2006.

homer said:
Sounds shit

Should fit in well

and has been harshly criticised for handling errors in the back line that cost his team victories (perhaps the deepest slump of all came in early 1993, when he scored three own-goals in a series of just a few months).

Yep, I think you're right.

I think this is a Malf wind-up. :wink:

You ever read snow falling on cedars, a novel by David Guterson, cos this bloke would be Kabuos brother, theres plenty of shagging innit so uve probs read it.

and has been harshly criticised for handling errors in the back line that cost his team victories (perhaps the deepest slump of all came in early 1993, when he scored three own-goals in a series of just a few months).

R U Sinclair in disguise.....

Get his name put on the back of your shirt,cost a fortune.

I also heard we were going to sign his team mate,the one with the big testicle..Wan Hung Lo ,I think his name was.

highland fox said:
Get his name put on the back of your shirt,cost a fortune.

17 letters, 50p a letter, £8.50. Worth every penny!

Not a wind up lads, I haven't made this up let's just hope some other fool on the net has. Sounds well crap.

I don't get that descroption. It describes him as a centre back or something and then goes onto say he made 'handling errors'. Strange.

Anyway. I smell a rat between Joe Fox and Malf, lots of ridiculous rumours to liven up the forum a bit. Either that or they are just doing some ironic 'cainyisms'.

Oh and midget Japanese people are completely unsuited for a Micky Adams side.

trickytrev said:
I don't get that descroption. It describes him as a centre back or something and then goes onto say he made 'handling errors'. Strange.

Anyway. I smell a rat between Joe Fox and Malf, lots of ridiculous rumours to liven up the forum a bit. Either that or they are just doing some ironic 'cainyisms'.

I smell a rat too, I reckon Cainy is Webmaster and who was that Loopy LCFC Alan guy?

trickytrev said:

I got that rumour off www.lcfc.com message board

Sounds like we have an admirer - maybe a tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757