Tunchev Powers to Another MOTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheffield_fox

Leicester City 1-0 Yeovil Town
11 November 2008

Bulgarian defender Aleksandar Tunchev once again claimed the plaudits from the Leicester City fans after an assured defensive performance resulted in him being voted City's best player at home to Yeovil Town. Tunchev was followed closely by free-scoring winger Lloyd Dyer, whilst Joe Mattock and striker Steve Howard were tied to round off the top three.

Jack Hobbs played for long enough to be awarded somewhat harshly this week's flop of the match with a reasonable rating above 6, with Bruno Berner and top scorer Matty Fryatt rounding off the bottom three for people who played long enough to qualify for the title.

Full results below:

Player Awards:

Man of the Match: Aleksandar Tunchev – 7.39

Flop of the Match: Jack Hobbs – 6.12

Best Defender: Aleksandar Tunchev – 7.39
Best Midfielder: Lloyd Dyer – 7.27
Best Striker: Steve Howard – 7.15

Full Ratings:

1. Aleksandar Tunchev – 7.39
2. Lloyd Dyer – 7.27
3. Joe Mattock / Steve Howard – 7.15
5. Andy King – 7.14
6. Michael Morrison – 7.08
7. Matt Oakley – 6.92
8. Paul Henderson – 6.81
9. Matty Fryatt – 6.54
10. Bruno Berner – 6.41
11. Jack Hobbs – 6.12
12. Marc Edworthy – 6.00

Voter Awards:

Top Voters: DazMicDean

Most Generous Voter: 1st – Lovejoy – 7.75; 2nd – Leigh – 7.50; 3rd – chrisfox / BedsFox / Mikey / LD3 / alexboy17 – 7.33

Harshest Voter: 1st – Dunc – 5.75; 2nd – Teebag / beaumontfox / Hollywood – 6.00; 3rd – elvis_LCFC – 6.08

A fairly disappointing 59 votes this week - half of what was being submitted at the start of the season. Also please note that only people who do not vote anonymously will be considered in the voter awards. If anyone has any ideas on how to bring more votes in to give a fairer overall representation of City fans, please do let me know your ideas. The web site itself is still under development and is some way off completion but in the meantime I'm all ears.

SECOND!!!:098:

I thought I was very generous with these, I gave some 7's! And an 8(I think).

I took into account how bloody crap Yeovil was so considering our opposition I thought I was fair.

Maybe I should pretend we are playing the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd every week?

Last edited:

I took into account how bloody crap Yeovil was so considering our opposition I thought I was fair.

Maybe I should pretend we are playing the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd every week?

An 8??? I only dished out a couple of 7s, the rest I thought earned their 6s!

I was first - dunno how Dyer was 2nd, he's our winger and I don't think he put in 1 cross from open play.

How the feck can a Centre Half win man of the match, when they only actually bothered to attack us in the last five minutes ? They didn't make it into our half until then

Was it his wonderful composure under fire during that five minutes that won him the award, or that fact that he had precisely nothing to do for the remainder of the game

Madness

How the feck can a Centre Half win man of the match, when they only actually bothered to attack us in the last five minutes ? They didn't make it into our half until then

Was it his wonderful composure under fire during that five minutes that won him the award, or that fact that he had precisely nothing to do for the remainder of the game

Madness

Definitely. I asked Suggs.

Madness

Agreed.

My MOTM was Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675