Tunchev

Should the Tunch be given a new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with the majority, worth a short term deal to see how things go with regard to his injury problems. He'd be a great player to have around if he can rediscover the form that he had when he first came here. Experience will be invaluable to our defence which is the main thing we need to improve if we are going to be challenging for promotion next year.

nah hes coming up 30, all starts to go downhill for an outfield player at that age, lets get someone a lot younger and better in, like 1 of the 3 centre backs that were on my list

You really are a first class twat!

Superscout, should be super****!

Last edited:
Had the lad not played a few minutes at the end of the season I would have said no for certain. I never expected to see him make another appearance, if he stays fit for the rest of this contract then sign him up.

I doubt if he will get another contract but he's shown exceptional grit in getting back to where he is and since the owners seem to have a bit of cash to flash then it would be good to see him get a match by match contract.

Personally, I think he would be better off trying to get fixed up in the USA where he might be able to extend his career longer than is likely to be the case in the Championship.

I think we shud offer him a pay as you play contract. if impressing get full time contract, the guy has had an easy wage packet coming in for past 2 years. good player but injury prone i reckon

Pay as you play or 6 month deal.

If we don't offer him a year, then I think somebody else will get him on a one- or two-year deal.

... which would be a pity.

Tunch is potentially the best central defender we have and have had since Elliott. OK he is not the quickest, and his injuries are a worry, however I would compare him to Ferdinand and Terry both of whom have a remarkable lack of pace and have had bad injuries. I really do rate him that highly, he certainly deserves at least another year, if he breaks down, I don't think ayone would sadder than him. However he could be an absolute godsend, in a defence that needs a genuine leader.

Just face it, he's not staying, hes going to Ludogorets in Bulgaria, Sven's raising the bar and he's not up to the Swede's standards, just get over it...jesus...

Just face it, he's not staying, hes going to Ludogorets in Bulgaria, Sven's raising the bar and he's not up to the Swede's standards, just get over it...jesus...

Sorry, I didn't realise you personally knew Tunchev, Sven and both of their plans for the Tunch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669