Man U wont want sheehan no way.

The 2m from conners has all gone as far as I can see:-

( these are approx)

2million
-225k for elvis
-750K for Hume
-agents fees.
-monies to West Ham as sell on clause.
Doesnt leave a lot with a fairly bir wag bill(although it is smaller nowadays) and a ground we cant fill.

Im not worried about this and Im not looking forward to Sat, but as always Ill be optomistic. I fancy city 3-2

What a surprise, a disappointing result and all of a sudden the manager is unsettled, I think this is complete toss, however I do tend to believe the rumours regarding a couple of loan players , with Gerrbrand out injured we are short of cover at the back and we probably need a couple of players to give us a few additional options.

CL needs to be given time, granted he has made some mistakes and some of his substitutions in recent matches have had an air of desperation, but expectations will not help, this is a young side which is developing and learning together and we must be paitent, we must look with a long term view, CL is building along similar lines to the way Sir Alex built up Man Utd, and in the early years it was a painful process, but in the long term it yielded success. We must allow CL a lot longer than 10 or 11 months to turn our club around, if we dont who the hell are we going to attract anyway. Lets not fall into the same trap as the Southampton's of this world, consistently changing managers, it doesnt work.

I am not saying that CL hasnt made mistakes, or that we havent had some dire performances and results under his stewardship, but we are in the process of a massive rebuilding job and sometimes you have to take one step backwards to take two forwards. We will improve and I also believe that some of the youngsters at the club will push on and establish themselves throughout the season, these will be like new signings, players like Weso, Porter, Sheehan, Stearman etc are all players capable of establishing themselves in the first team this season.

The club is in transition, but the future is very bright, what we have to do is be positive and brave, the easy way is to criticise and call for the managers head, the brave thing to do is be paitent and believe in the seeds that are being sown. I am not looking at our club or manager through rose tinted glasses but with a dose of reality, that doesnt mean that we have to accept performances like tuesday night, but lets try not to get too carried away either, this is the inconsistency associated with transition and long term planning.

I really hope these rumours are false. Yes, there are still things to be put right in the short term, these are fundemental playing issues, making at corners and free kicks, not conceding early doors etc. But if CL goes where does that really leave us. Without a leader for weeks may be months, then another few months of rebuilding and changes and starting again and so on and so forth.

Dunc's post says it all, we are rebuilding from the bottom up, this take time, patience and a thick skin. I beleive CL is the man to see this through.

If it is a family thing its awfully hard to say no to them.

From what I can see the Board has done the usual business planning stuff this season - and next, and is living well within our means. The only financial pressure is coming from the fact that breakeven for stadium occupancy is around 22-23K people and we're not there. Expect a few special offers and kids for a quid stuff over the next couple of games, and hope for good cup runs...

I do believe CL is the man for us. Expectations for this, his first full season have to be a top-half finish. It's next season when the pressure will be on. He will have had a bit of time by then and something much nearer his own team in place.

We'll draw on Satdi.

EB

Purveyor of the longest post for 2005

PFKAKTF FOX said:
What a surprise, a disappointing result and all of a sudden the manager is unsettled, I think this is complete toss, however I do tend to believe the rumours regarding a couple of loan players , with Gerrbrand out injured we are short of cover at the back and we probably need a couple of players to give us a few additional options.

CL needs to be given time, granted he has made some mistakes and some of his substitutions in recent matches have had an air of desperation, but expectations will not help, this is a young side which is developing and learning together and we must be paitent, we must look with a long term view, CL is building along similar lines to the way Sir Alex built up Man Utd, and in the early years it was a painful process, but in the long term it yielded success. We must allow CL a lot longer than 10 or 11 months to turn our club around, if we dont who the hell are we going to attract anyway. Lets not fall into the same trap as the Southampton's of this world, consistently changing managers, it doesnt work.

I am not saying that CL hasnt made mistakes, or that we havent had some dire performances and results under his stewardship, but we are in the process of a massive rebuilding job and sometimes you have to take one step backwards to take two forwards. We will improve and I also believe that some of the youngsters at the club will push on and establish themselves throughout the season, these will be like new signings, players like Weso, Porter, Sheehan, Stearman etc are all players capable of establishing themselves in the first team this season.

The club is in transition, but the future is very bright, what we have to do is be positive and brave, the easy way is to criticise and call for the managers head, the brave thing to do is be paitent and believe in the seeds that are being sown. I am not looking at our club or manager through rose tinted glasses but with a dose of reality, that doesnt mean that we have to accept performances like tuesday night, but lets try not to get too carried away either, this is the inconsistency associated with transition and long term planning.

Yes - I suppose so. We might as well be patient because we are stuck with the situation anyway. Hopefully, we may get a bit of a boost tomorrow because the Wolves look unexpectedly weakened through injuries. A decent result would settle things down a bit.

EBFox said:
Please! people could be reading this whist having lunch.......have you no thought for the finer feelings of your fellow posters at all?;)

EB - purveyor of 2005's longest post

no

Chuck T Masala said:
I really hope these rumours are false. Yes, there are still things to be put right in the short term, these are fundemental playing issues, making at corners and free kicks, not conceding early doors etc. But if CL goes where does that really leave us. Without a leader for weeks may be months, then another few months of rebuilding and changes and starting again and so on and so forth.

Dunc's post says it all, we are rebuilding from the bottom up, this take time, patience and a thick skin. I beleive CL is the man to see this through.

welcome and nice pic. :038: :038: :038:

Chuck T Masala said:

Welcome Chuck T. ;) :023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670