UK Breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

I am looking at booking a 3 or 4 night break in the UK in July for me, my girlfriend and son. He will be 18 months old by then.

This will be the first time we have properly been away with him and would like a few recommendations on where is good to go? Preferably anywhere but Skegness!

If anyone has experience of a good place to go with a young child suggestions would be much appreicated.

Cheers

Never been but i've heard Centre Parcs is a decent place. MK's been a few times.

Swanage is good, you have the beaches and lots of family friendly pubs and eateries with the likes of Monkey World on hand for when it rains, not far from Bournemouth for the aquarium or Poole for the quayside. Failing that the Isle Of Wight has lots to explore but you need to add in the cost of the ferry as part of your holiday.

I am looking at booking a 3 or 4 night break in the UK in July for me, my girlfriend and son. He will be 18 months old by then.

This will be the first time we have properly been away with him and would like a few recommendations on where is good to go? Preferably anywhere but Skegness!

If anyone has experience of a good place to go with a young child suggestions would be much appreicated.

Cheers

If you fancy Mablethorpe, I know its not too far from Skeggy but its far enough, for either the very end of June or the first week in July, then we have a caravan on a Haven site in Mablethorpe. It is great for kiddies with the beach only a short walk to the sand dunes from the site. Walking distance also to the Sea Life Centre. There are also other place's in the area to visit which are suitable and Cleethorpes isn't far away.

They are very child friendly on the Haven site with plenty of activities that you can get involved with or not , it's your choice.
There is plenty of evening entertainment as well and plenty of place's to eat on site or in Mablethorpe.

Last edited:
Swanage is good, you have the beaches and lots of family friendly pubs and eateries with the likes of Monkey World on hand for when it rains, not far from Bournemouth for the aquarium or Poole for the quayside. Failing that the Isle Of Wight has lots to explore but you need to add in the cost of the ferry as part of your holidayown[/B].

Good shout. The ferry isn't usually terribly expensive as long as it's booked in advance. Red Funnel Ferry, we use them often. Cheap as chips.

You can't beat Tenby. Beaches, Folly Farm, Oakwood, Anna Ryder waserface's place, Heatherton, boat ride to Caldy, Dinosaurland, loads of places to stay from Haven site to Bluestone (wannabe Centre Parc).

We went to Wells-on-sea lately in a lodge and that was very good, we took 4 and 7 month old babies and they were fine.

North Norfolk is s agood bet, not to far, Cromer & Sheringham typical seaside places but plenty of other options too, Wells, Cley, Webourne, Hunstanton.

Thanks for the suggestions, after looking at vacancies and prices have plumped for Swanage.

Actually been there a few times as a child and enjoyed it but for some reason didn't enter my mind until suggested by SJN.

Thanks for the suggestions, after looking at vacancies and prices have plumped for Swanage.

Actually been there a few times as a child and enjoyed it but for some reason didn't enter my mind until suggested by SJN.

Glad to have been of help. :icon_cool

Bulwell is quite nice in sunny Nottingham

It's even got a Weatherspoons now.

York is really nice and you have the National Railway Museum and Jorvik etc for the kids. Seaside Wise Whitby is my favorite, which is quite close to York I think.

It's even got a Weatherspoons now.

York is really nice and you have the National Railway Museum and Jorvik etc for the kids. Seaside Wise Whitby is my favorite, which is quite close to York I think.

Not sure how much an 18-month old kid will get out of either the Railway Museum or the Jorvik Centre to be honest.

York to Whitby is about 90 minutes.

Not sure how much an 18-month old kid will get out of either the Railway Museum or the Jorvik Centre to be honest.

York to Whitby is about 90 minutes.

At 18 months it's an ideal time to take them I reckon, less likely to get bored and such like. Fitz jnr gets ridiculously excited at anything like cars/trains/buses etc.

The only thing he seems to get excited about at the moment is football, anything round is immediately labelled "football" and that is his first word when he wakes up in the morning. That and Waybuloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669