Academy Under 23s / youth 2019/20

pork pie fox

I've been following the game on here and reading all the Mackems comments about loads of other things besides. But like on here when a thread is about one thing but we end up talking about other things besides. :icon biggrin:
I’m married into Mackems, so I’m well aware of how they feel about their club. To be fair, most of them seem to be realistic about where they are.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City’s Under-18s will get their FA Youth Cup campaign underway with a Third-Round tie against Brighton and Hove Albion at the AMEX Stadium.

Full details of the fixture, which must be played by Saturday 14 December, will be confirmed in due course, as City’s youngsters look to build on last season’s run to the latter stages.

The Foxes beat Fulham, Crewe Alexandra and Bolton Wanderers en route to the quarter-finals in last season’s competition and are again among the Premier League and Championship sides who enter the tournament at the Third Round stage.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The draw for the next round of the EFL Trophy was made today. Our under 21s will play Doncaster.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Our "home" game against Doncaster in the EFL Trophy will be played at the Keepmoat Stadium on 4th December, 7:45PM.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
ah ok, though I thought we had all academy teams play the same system as the first team, that should also include the U23s
I don't think there's any harm in changing the formation, if the opponents, or available players, mean a different way of playing will be more effective.

Brown Nose

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that first half. It was miles better than the last couple of U23 games I've seen.

We look outstanding going forward, especially Eppiah.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Liverpool 33  89
Manchester City 33  66
Leicester 33  58
Chelsea 33  57
Manchester Utd 33  55
Wolves 33  52
Arsenal 33  49
Sheffield Utd 33  48
Burnley 33  46
10 Tottenham  32  45