Upgrading a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Steven.

So, if I understand correctly, I'll be wasting around two weeks worth of 'credit' if I order the phone today?

My reading of it is that your Offer (in O2 speak) is accepted when you buy the phone and the Agreement starts when you use the phone. So you should start paying from when you start using the phone. I think. :icon_conf :icon_wink

I'm currently 13 months or so into an 18 month contract with orange were i pay £25 per month

i want to upgrade my phone but i'm unsure about the following things

1. does it matter what state my old phone is in? because its broken!!!
2. what does this mean for my contract-do i have to sign up say for another year on the same deal or do i have new contract (ie instead of getting 1000 texts i only get 500)
1. No
2. You will continue on the same tarriff unless you let them know a month before that you wish to switch, effectively starting a new contract.

according to the website i can upgrade to a nokia 6300 for free

Orange are bastards. Their guide to which phones you can have for free only applies to "new" customers.

My Girlfriend paid £25 per month before renewal this year (was in April i think) so she looked at phones that were free on tarriffs that cost either £25 or more.

When ordering they told her she couldn't have the phone for free because she hadn't earned ehough "points" during the contract term. Her options were to either have a shite phone or cancel the contract and get a new one. The got a new contract. It's a pain in the back side if you had a particularly generous offer before that is no longer available.

I believ the points you earn depend on how much extra you spend on your bill each month.

1. No
2. You will continue on the same tarriff unless you let them know a month before that you wish to switch, effectively starting a new contract.

Orange are bastards. Their guide to which phones you can have for free only applies to "new" customers.

My Girlfriend paid £25 per month before renewal this year (was in April i think) so she looked at phones that were free on tarriffs that cost either £25 or more.

When ordering they told her she couldn't have the phone for free because she hadn't earned ehough "points" during the contract term. Her options were to either have a shite phone or cancel the contract and get a new one. The got a new contract. It's a pain in the back side if you had a particularly generous offer before that is no longer available.

I believ the points you earn depend on how much extra you spend on your bill each month.

Circumvent the whole palava by telling them yopu are going to Vodafone and them watch them drop their pants.

Circumvent the whole palava by telling them yopu are going to Vodafone and them watch them drop their pants.
I told O2 I was going to go to Three and they offered to carry my bags to the bus stop.

I think there's a secret cellphone inner circle that get all the benefits and special offers.

I cock a snook at you, you cellphone inner circlers.

I get a new phone every 12 or 18 months from Orange which provided I sign up for another 12 or 18 months is provided to me free of charge.

Got quite a collection of old ones now that I can't quite bring myself to dispose of.

I told O2 I was going to go to Three and they offered to carry my bags to the bus stop.

I think there's a secret cellphone inner circle that get all the benefits and special offers.

I cock a snook at you, you cellphone inner circlers.

They all have 'customer retention teams'. Maybe you dont spend enough to be profitable to them??

well i couldn't upgrade my phone without paying 150 quid as i'm not far enough into my contract

and i couldn't get it fixed as me spilling water on my nokia is hardly a manufacturing fault :icon_lol:

my razr wont charge anymore so i can't use that, my sisters old phone was already broken so i can't use that

and being a poor student i had to buy a cheap phone-so i got some samsung thing

and i couldn't get it fixed as me spilling water on my nokia is hardly a manufacturing fault :icon_lol:

I got mine soaked by the rain which fecked it, but still managed to get a replacement.

Thanks Steven.

So, if I understand correctly, I'll be wasting around two weeks worth of 'credit' if I order the phone today?

I have just got one on "3" (not my choice) and the contract started the day I bought it from the shop. I asked if I could delay it and the shop said no.

I'm fairly sure my Orange one did start on Christmas day when I activated it but that was a few years ago.

Following on from my above post can anyone tell me the easiest way to transfer all my address book from one phone to another. I can't just move the sim cards (I don't think) as the phones are locked to different networks.

Following on from my above post can anyone tell me the easiest way to transfer all my address book from one phone to another. I can't just move the sim cards (I don't think) as the phones are locked to different networks.

you can buy a little gadget from ebay for a couple of quid that will transfer the details from 1 card to another.

you can buy a little gadget from ebay for a couple of quid that will transfer the details from 1 card to another.

Cheers

I've started sending them by bluetooth but my old phone only seems to let you do one at a time. This could be the ideal opportunity of culling people from my life.

Cheers

I've started sending them by bluetooth but my old phone only seems to let you do one at a time. This could be the ideal opportunity of culling people from my life.

I use a new phone as that opportunity every time:icon_bigg

Cheers

And it's cheaper than hiring a hitman :)

Ive always found them very good with delivering stuff. What phone did you get?

N95 with a 8GB card.

Wanted the newer black one with the built in memory but they haven't got that until January and i'm too impatient.

They also said that if i waited til Jan there'd be a few new phones out by then. Couldn't be arsed with the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669