US Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point is being missed.

The election now becomes a survey on whether america is racist or not. Obama can't lose. If he loses the actual election he will prove that the US is racist (whether it is or isn't).

This will probably be the election with the highest ever turnout in the US and it has nothing to do with policies.

HRH Gwyneth Paltrow

Oh yes - the British are dead clever when it comes to selecting their politicians.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

One wonders whether she's ever walked through another British city other than London. This is the country where the majority moans about the govt. on daily occurance yet when it goes to polling day, don't even walk to the nearest station.

If he loses the actual election he will prove that the US is racist (whether it is or isn't).

This will probably be the election with the highest ever turnout in the US and it has nothing to do with policies.

I don't think Middle America cares that much about this opinion, it's never cared for it's international reptuation previously but it certainly does care about having a black man in power or not.

Last edited:
I think the point is being missed.

The election now becomes a survey on whether america is racist or not. Obama can't lose. If he loses the actual election he will prove that the US is racist (whether it is or isn't).

Thats bollocks-a person may choose not to vote for Obama because they don't agree with his policies and favour McCain's instead-just because you don't vote for Obama does't mean your automatically a racist.

thats not to say though that that won't be the reason for some people. Personally i hope Obama wins as McCain will just be more of the same.

I don't think Middle America cares that much about this opinion, it's never cared for it's international reptuation previously but it certainly does care about having a black man in power or not.

he's not black :)

Plus if were discussing racial/ethnic technicalities, then he will be the first African American to run for president, as his dad is from Kenya, and his mother is American....

That wasn't my point though was it? I was trying to say even if there technically wrong it doesn't matter-Obama is percieved as a black candidate

i didn't say it was your point

Thats bollocks-a person may choose not to vote for Obama because they don't agree with his policies and favour McCain's instead-just because you don't vote for Obama does't mean your automatically a racist.

thats not to say though that that won't be the reason for some people. Personally i hope Obama wins as McCain will just be more of the same.

You've missed the point of my post now too.

I agree 100% about the vote is not about racism.

Do you really think it'll be a low turnout? Why?

I hope Obama wins, it'll be good for the world.

Sorry it'll be better for the world.

If I were a white working class American, I might be concerned that Obama wasn't actually talking to me. I think this may be his downfall.

There was a black American lady on Jeremy Vine today, she said that he's got her vote purely because he's black. Her head isn't so sure though, but nonetheless she voted purely because he's black, and she's a political commentator FFS!!!!

What is the world coming to when we vote people in and out of control purely based on the colour of their skin. Shocking.

I'd rather vote for the right person for the job, regardless of what they look like.

you did quote my previous post hence why i thought it was a response

your point was that people percieve him as black

my point was that because people percieve him as black, doesn't make him black

you said that's not your point - i know i making another point relating to yours

:102:

Yes, it's the middle class professionals that are to blame. The working class of America are desperate for racial equality.:icon_eek:

they are, they're all mexican :)

What is the world coming to when we vote people in and out of control purely based on the colour of their skin. Shocking.

I like the idea of voting people out of control. We had a kid at my school known as 'Out of Control Wogan'. He'd still get my vote today regardless of the colour of his skin.

Before I came to live in the States I used to think - stereotype, whatever you want to call it - along the same lines as much of the total bollocks spouted in this thread.

If Obama doesn't get voted in it's because America is racist? What does that make Britain, then, which has never had a single prominent black politician? Nazi Germany?

:icon_roll

Just to let you in on little secret, Britain's perception of America is just about as wrong as America's perception of Britain in my experience. Yes, there are some very stupid people over here, there are some racists and some religious nuts. There are also the same types of people in every other country in the world, Britain very much included.

America bashing is the only fashionable way to be racist these days...

Before I came to live in the States I used to think - stereotype, whatever you want to call it - along the same lines as much of the total bollocks spouted in this thread.

If Obama doesn't get voted in it's because America is racist? What does that make Britain, then, which has never had a single prominent black politician? Nazi Germany?

:icon_roll

Just to let you in on little secret, Britain's perception of America is just about as wrong as America's perception of Britain in my experience. Yes, there are some very stupid people over here, there are some racists and some religious nuts. There are also the same types of people in every other country in the world, Britain very much included.

America bashing is the only fashionable way to be racist these days...

Not true, the French and Jews are also pretty east targets :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47