Used Car Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been looking at the review for the 200 on Parkers and it seems the newer versions were lots more reliable than the earlier ones. Which is the only negative point on them.

Gonna look at the kia's, not even sure what they look like!

Sorry Nathan but Macky has got it spot on in both cases here, people cant give rovers away at the minute, no on wants them.

The big dealerships will let you look over the cars in the same way you would at the garage down the road and they are the same cars you will go down the road and pay another grand for at Mackys Dodgy Motor Co.

doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad car? people are just put off by the badge imo.

What i mean about the big dealerships is they won't have paid the slightest bit of attention to them, would only have taken them as part of a deal to sell their more expensive ones.

That's a good call Feriol. Kia's (and Hyundai), whilst being a little less fashionable, have long warranties on them so definately worth a look.

At that budget he won't get anything with a warranty left on it, and the Hyundai tend to be dearer.

Kia dealer is Aylestone lane, which is run by the Ford place on Welford Road.

I nearly bought one a while back and checked with Panjetani's on Narborough road about parts, he seemed confident they could get everything, and said prices were comparable to most foreign built cars.

doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad car? people are just put off by the badge imo.

What i mean about the big dealerships is they won't have paid the slightest bit of attention to them, would only have taken them as part of a deal to sell their more expensive ones.

Not trying to put you off mate, but at that budget nowhere is going to pay too much attention to the car. the best you can do is get something with a good service record and hope for the best.

going for a car with a bad reputation will not help. Rover were cutting corners a long time before they went bust, their cars are not well built.

Not trying to put you off mate, but at that budget nowhere is going to pay too much attention to the car. the best you can do is get something with a good service record and hope for the best.

going for a car with a bad reputation will not help. Rover were cutting corners a long time before they went bust, their cars are not well built.

Don't worry. I kind of expected it. Thing is i really like the look of them, i wouldn't go for anything without the full history. Which the diesels i've been looking at all have.

Don't worry. I kind of expected it. Thing is i really like the look of them, i wouldn't go for anything without the full history. Which the diesels i've been looking at all have.

What age are you looking at?

It isn't my first car - my small peugeot did recently. Dont' really want another but would go for a 306 diesel if they weren't out of my price range.

The Rovers seem to be better value for money in comparison to a Fiesta, for example. Not too sure on your comment about the parts and i've got no idea about the handling.

I'll definitly give the parkers a go

You should be able to get a 306 D Turbo for around a grand. A friend of mine got one a few months back for £750 although it has got v.high mileage on the clock.

If you are really worried then you can get an AA carcheck done. Think it costs a fair bit these days but they will do it, even at a dealership.

RAC only charge a fiver apparently

At that budget he won't get anything with a warranty left on it, and the Hyundai tend to be dearer.

Kia dealer is Aylestone lane, which is run by the Ford place on Welford Road.

I nearly bought one a while back and checked with Panjetani's on Narborough road about parts, he seemed confident they could get everything, and said prices were comparable to most foreign built cars.

That place is unreal!

the first time i took my retard french thing for a ride up the M1 the power went the brakes went. middle lane of junction 43 near leeds where the ****er split to the m621. shit my pants...

I expect pattern parts would be quite common for most things, which would make things a bit cheeper when you need something. but i still would advise against a rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48