Valencia 1 Leicester 0 in Austria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Valencia score the winner in the first half. We looked good at the back, but toothless up front and in midfield.

Re: Valencia in Austria 0-1

No shame in that.

Great result to be fair, only lose 1-0 vs a team that came 3rd in the Liga BBVA. Howard maybe should of scored late on but fantastic nontheless!

We really do need that striker. Whether it be Maynard or the Yak I don't know.

I have a feeling that our defensive partnership this season may be Mills and ........ St Ledger. Whilst Bamba has qualities I think he is a little erratic at times.

That was quite an experience. The first time I've ever watched a Leicester game and listened to stringers commentry at the same time. Wow! At least I know now not to believe a word he says next season.

Bamba has been rather poor in the past two games against Bursaspor and now Valencia - he's lacking that final 10% of his game.

Schlupp did alright given the fact that he's hardly ever featured in the first squad.

Our back four looks VERY solid - all we need now is grinding out results in the Championship.
I don't think it's going to be a spectacular season with lots of goals, we will simply go out there to frustrate the opposition at 0-0 and look for the lucky punch.

A lesson in keep ball.
No evidence of 4-4-2.
Personally think if Vassell is playing through the middle he needs support.

Waghorn needs to stop trying so hard.
Dyer could be a supersub next season.

Happy with ALL who played in defence, (even Oakley ;))
Can't see Howard starting too many games.
It was an experience for Schlupp.
One player giving me concern is Wellens, hope he proves me wrong.

We really do need that striker. Whether it be Maynard or the Yak I don't know.

I have a feeling that our defensive partnership this season may be Mills and ........ St Ledger. Whilst Bamba has qualities I think he is a little erratic at times.

Do you think he could play the holding midfield role? or is he an out and out centre back

That was quite an experience. The first time I've ever watched a Leicester game and listened to stringers commentry at the same time. Wow! At least I know now not to believe a word he says next season.
I think Stringer gets too much criticism but there were a fair amount of gaffs in there. To call howards opportunity at the end a 'half chance' was a joke! He also kept on getting ball and gallagher mixed up. suppose he didn't have the benefit of tv coverage though.

Last edited:

I think Stringer gets too much criticism but there were a fair amount of gaffs in there. To call howards opportunity at the end a 'half chance' was a joke! He also kept on getting ball and gallagher mixed up. suppose he didn't have the benefit of tv coverage though.

From the replay it looked like Howard was so close to the keeper he was having to put the ball to the side of him rather than over him.

If you had just been listening to the commentary, you could have been forgiven for thinking that Valencia played stunning 'total football'.

I still love Bruno, not in the same way that DD loves Yann though.

That was funny, I remember one bit where he said 'Gallagher makes the challenge and it goes out for a throw in' and it was clearly Michael Ball :icon_lol:

A lesson in keep ball.
No evidence of 4-4-2.
Personally think if Vassell is playing through the middle he needs support.

Waghorn needs to stop trying so hard.
Dyer could be a supersub next season.

Happy with ALL who played in defence, (even Oakley ;))
Can't see Howard starting too many games.
It was an experience for Schlupp.
One player giving me concern is Wellens, hope he proves me wrong.

Your right about Wellens....he was not all that brilliant last season,went missing in games and his passing was not good...yet some people won't have it,i am glad Dann's is here now put some real pressure on him to perform.

Arghh! Someone's changed the channel on my feed.
This happened to me as well - did you also get some foreign guy on a mountain top as well?

Stringer's commentating was annoying as he got players mixed up often with Waggy and Wellens mixed up as well as a free kick for Valencia for Howard pushing was offside according to Stringer.
Stringer mentioned about the tv pictures going out worldwide and saying hello to them. I think these new listeners will not be in a hurry to listen to him again.

Stringer did have a tv monitor..... He referred to the replays of the Mooooussa nutmeg. He saw all the replays we did and never once corrected any of his HUGE number of mistakes. He pretty well mixed everyone up with everyone else.

That was funny, I remember one bit where he said 'Gallagher makes the challenge and it goes out for a throw in' and it was clearly Michael Ball :icon_lol:

It was not Stringer's fault. They did not have their names on the back of their shirts! :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669