Van Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone used these guys before?

http://www.leicestershire-van-rental.co.uk/contact-us.php

Quoting £60 a day for a Luton, seems a lot cheaper than elsewhere so wondered if it was too good to be true.

Never heard of them Matt. We occasionally have to hire in additional vehicles, and normally use Northgate (East Midlands Vehicle Hire). £60 is incredibly cheap, although I suspect this is plus VAT. They'll undoubtedly want a large deposit upfront, which I guess will be a minimum of £250. Does this price include you being insured by them?

Assumed this would be a rumour about a Dutch player.

My dad told me that he thought of the Beeston Van Hire joke......The liar.

Never heard of them Matt. We occasionally have to hire in additional vehicles, and normally use Northgate (East Midlands Vehicle Hire). £60 is incredibly cheap, although I suspect this is plus VAT. They'll undoubtedly want a large deposit upfront, which I guess will be a minimum of £250. Does this price include you being insured by them?
It does include insurance he said but he's not vat registered so no vat. That set alarm bells, I'll admit!

No need to be VAT registered unless you turn over the requisite amount per year. Doesn't mean its dodgy, just a small business.

No need to be VAT registered unless you turn over the requisite amount per year. Doesn't mean its dodgy, just a small business.
Quite. If he's under the limit then he's got a very small hire fleet (perhaps even just the one vehicle), in which case I'd expect him to keep it in perfect condition. Right?

Quite. If he's under the limit then he's got a very small hire fleet (perhaps even just the one vehicle), in which case I'd expect him to keep it in perfect condition. Right?
I've no idea why anyone would assume it wouldn't be in perfect condition because he's not VAT registered. It's not a relevant point.

I've no idea why anyone would assume it wouldn't be in perfect condition because he's not VAT registered. It's not a relevant point.
No, it's not. If the proprietor doesn't need to register for VAT, there's no reason that should indicate the standard of his product or service.

Is there a car club in Leicester yet? I use one across the North for work, great for cars and vans at hourly rates - if you don't need it for that long it's bound to be the cheapest way of doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566