Injury News Vardy - Hernia Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty clearly illustrates the stereotypes at play in football commentary, the way in which we pretty much all hear football described

Almost as cut and dry as the fact that questioning whether Iheanacho is 24 is based on utter bollocks.
I won't bang on about it, and not a snowflake, but didn't like the basis of the post is all. People can agree or not - which is also fine.
Interesting article. Thank you for locating it.

Not read all the comments but Ndidi was once kicked out of an U17 tournament after an MRI scan:

Can't find the original BBC article but this one references it as it's source.

Have you googled Kawowo? Not saying it's bollocks but i seem to have a greater online presence than them.....maybe it's my cracking tits and lying about my age? Probably the tits tbh

Have you googled Kawowo? Not saying it's bollocks but i seem to have a greater online presence than them.....maybe it's my cracking tits and lying about my age? Probably the tits tbh

Unless the PR of Northumbria are blocking my results obvs.

Ok that is valid because dogwhistle phrases are and have for years been part of everyday football speak, but this isn’t the same in any respect whatsoever.

There was an infamous scandal surrounding the birth certificates of Nigerian footballers at the 1988 Olympics. That’s not racist generalising, it’s a recorded historical fact.

Some people who have or have had personal relationships with multiple footballers have alleged that the players are older than their claimed age. Again, not a generalisation — it’s the exact opposite. It’s extremely specific. Those players include both Yakubu Ayegbeni and (apparently) Kelechi Iheanacho. That they are both Nigerian is, for our purposes, irrelevant. People in their own social circle have said these things.

These types of falsification are easier to come by in some countries than in others. Do some digging into how and why, and you’ll unearth some pretty racist shit soon enough.

BN’s comment? Not even on the same continent as racist.
Thats fine. Everyone's entitled to an opinion.

If i had to guess (on performances) if nachos was 10 years off his real age I'd expect he's grown a shitload for a teenager.

Nice article, from a reputable source, about Iheanacho winning the golden ball in quite a high profile manner at the under-17 World Cup in 2013 and having to wait 10months (after signing a pre contract) to join Man City as a pro in 2014. The fee went to his father (probably in his 80s by this point BN) and his academy.

So by definition, as Iheanacho was second top scorer at this u17 tournament, and was MRI scanned as part of the screening, then we can all agree he is a maximum of 24 and put this whole thing to bed then can we?
BTW Ndidi contested his finding as he was only set to turn 17 in the December and was eligible within the calendar year.

So by definition, as Iheanacho was second top scorer at this u17 tournament, and was MRI scanned as part of the screening, then we can all agree he is a maximum of 24 and put this whole thing to bed then can we?
BTW Ndidi contested his finding as he was only set to turn 17 in the December and was eligible within the calendar year.
Didn't realise he contested it, just remember seeing the article when we signed him.

Interesting article. Thank you for locating it.
Typical Guardian report and journalism in general, where is the imperical evidence to support this? what were the factors used to arrive at such an ambiguously woke outcome. When refering to intelligence was the commentator reffering to the players IQ or his footballing IQ?

I have never heard a commentator stating how ronaldinho was a robust and powerful player, it was more about his sublime skills and outrageous genius on the football pitch, the same is said of Pele, ronaldo etc. Trying to link racism when a commentator is talking about a players physical attributes is very dangerous territory imo. Quoting Billy sharpe as "cute and clever" and then Alexander Isak being criticised as " poor decision making" is not evidence, one is an attacker and one is a defender, one plays in England and the other plays in Spain, was the commentator the same for both games, was the billy sharpe comment humour, satire, sarcasm? This is not data that supports the argument.

With regards to BAME managers are we seriously expected to believe that 99.9% of chairman are sytemically racist? You can not write a report and run it off percentage stats, you must have factors that determine how you arrived at your decision. Why we do not have an abundance of black managers I do not know the answer to however,I would argue racism is not the reason, a chairman will employ any manager that will bring success to his club and give him/her a proffessional edge surely?

The BLM quote is disturbing like it or not BLM has political connotations, kick racism out of football does not, it means exactly what it is! I defy anyone football fan that does not agree with eradicating racism from the game at every level who would'nt? It is illegal for any broadcaster to openly support a political movement or party yet here we are with Sky driving it home at every opportunity, it was not until it BLM was raised in Parliament did Sky change its volume.

The acid test will be how the elite players react when they are due to fly off to Qatar to play in the world cup, a place where there is no tolerance or diversity and a country where people have died building stadia in appauling conditions, no player or pundit or media company is willing to discuss it, and if they think bending the knee will suffice they are widely wrong IMO.

To be crystal clear here any form of discrimination or racism is abhorrent and has no place in society let alone football, but this article is trying imply that people are unkowingly racist is wrong and is a inciendrous accusation to make at anyone imo.

That’s just a column of socially illiterate gibberish, I’m not playing

How has this even happened on an injury thread?

Typical Guardian report and journalism in general, where is the imperical evidence to support this? what were the factors used to arrive at such an ambiguously woke outcome. When refering to intelligence was the commentator reffering to the players IQ or his footballing IQ?

I have never heard a commentator stating how ronaldinho was a robust and powerful player, it was more about his sublime skills and outrageous genius on the football pitch, the same is said of Pele, ronaldo etc. Trying to link racism when a commentator is talking about a players physical attributes is very dangerous territory imo. Quoting Billy sharpe as "cute and clever" and then Alexander Isak being criticised as " poor decision making" is not evidence, one is an attacker and one is a defender, one plays in England and the other plays in Spain, was the commentator the same for both games, was the billy sharpe comment humour, satire, sarcasm? This is not data that supports the argument.

With regards to BAME managers are we seriously expected to believe that 99.9% of chairman are sytemically racist? You can not write a report and run it off percentage stats, you must have factors that determine how you arrived at your decision. Why we do not have an abundance of black managers I do not know the answer to however,I would argue racism is not the reason, a chairman will employ any manager that will bring success to his club and give him/her a proffessional edge surely?

The BLM quote is disturbing like it or not BLM has political connotations, kick racism out of football does not, it means exactly what it is! I defy anyone football fan that does not agree with eradicating racism from the game at every level who would'nt? It is illegal for any broadcaster to openly support a political movement or party yet here we are with Sky driving it home at every opportunity, it was not until it BLM was raised in Parliament did Sky change its volume.

The acid test will be how the elite players react when they are due to fly off to Qatar to play in the world cup, a place where there is no tolerance or diversity and a country where people have died building stadia in appauling conditions, no player or pundit or media company is willing to discuss it, and if they think bending the knee will suffice they are widely wrong IMO.

To be crystal clear here any form of discrimination or racism is abhorrent and has no place in society let alone football, but this article is trying imply that people are unkowingly racist is wrong and is a inciendrous accusation to make at anyone imo.
Have you ever heard of unconscious bias? Its pretty routinely accepted as being a thing. Helps people to organise the world into boxes.
Easy to find examples to try and disprove the rule, but the the stats overall don't lie.

That’s just a column of socially illiterate gibberish, I’m not playing

How has this even happened on an injury thread?
Because someone said they were trying to find positive stats to support Iheanacho's case to replace Vardy but instead found the below on a very thorough clickbait site and used it to make a bollocks statement about Iheanacho faking his age.

"His ex wife (he's got a new one, maybe not the second wife) claims that the person he claims is his 14 year old 'brother' is not his brother but actually his son. No wonder he seems distracted a lot of the time. Iheanacho is 24 - apparently. Maybe he's actually older than Vardy!"

Because someone said they were trying to find positive stats to support Iheanacho's case to replace Vardy but instead found the below on a very thorough clickbait site and used it to make a bollocks statement about Iheanacho faking his age.

"His ex wife (he's got a new one, maybe not the second wife) claims that the person he claims is his 14 year old 'brother' is not his brother but actually his son. No wonder he seems distracted a lot of the time. Iheanacho is 24 - apparently. Maybe he's actually older than Vardy!"
He’s clearly Vardy’s brother.

Have you ever heard of unconscious bias? Its pretty routinely accepted as being a thing. Helps people to organise the world into boxes.
Easy to find examples to try and disprove the rule, but the the stats overall don't lie.
Expected racism (XR)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758