Vassell

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzy

Manchester City striker Darius Vassell is set to be allowed to leave the club for about £1.5m following the arrival of Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager. (Daily Mirror)

I'm not sure how old he is, but could do a job

Manchester City striker Darius Vassell is set to be allowed to leave the club for about £1.5m following the arrival of Sven-Goran Eriksson as manager. (Daily Mirror)

I'm not sure how old he is, but could do a job

I would rather keep Fryatt. No thanks. ;)

Would be good, but can't see him dropping down a division. Pretty sure someone in the Prem, probably Derby or Sunderland, would take him on for that price.

If he wants to come here, then get him in, Fryatt and Vassell would be excellent together. If he hasn't mentioned us, I can't even be bothered thinking about it.

I shouldn't think he would consider a move here to be honest. Could be one worth keeping an eye on if no serious bids come in for him then he might consider dropping down to the Championship, although I expect us to have out strikers sorted out for next season very shortly. Just add DJ to what we already have and I will be very pleased. Keep the rest bar Elvis & MDV, and I believe we will have a very strong front line, DJ & Hume first choice and stick Fryatt on the bench! Possibly Cort if he is not injured! ;) :biggrin:

Vassell 5 years ago was a fantastic player. Since his injury problems he hasn't been the same. He'd be a top player at this level, no doubt about that, but I don't think he'd drop down a league.

Personally I'd f*ck off every single idea about Cambell and Iz M immediately and put all my resources into getting Vassell here on a nice wage

One goal every 7 games last season? Tell me again why we need him!

Last edited:
Yes, agree with bocadillo. Personally I think Vassell & Fowler are similar in that that their best days are well behind them but are trading on their past reputations. They are both now very ordinary players.

One goal every 7 games last season? Tell me again why we need him!

Because he and Fryatt up front would rip this league apart - fed by Hume playing in midfield........

Don't you know anything ?

Last edited:
Not sure the impact Vassel would have personally - didn't play too much last year in a Man City side that couldn't score.

I agree Granite, Man city were appaulling last year - they only scored a handful of goals at home since the turn of the year!! They also only played one man up front and, after paying some £7 million on their Greek fella, they were hardly going to leave him out!

Why is Vassell now the answer to our prayers?

Because Vassell is a proven Premiership goalscorer!

He would be looking to stay in the premiership though i would have thought as it wasn't long ago he was still in the England mix.

If thats true they want £1.5m for him, that makes Steve Bruce more of a joke putting a price tag of £2-2.5m on DJ and MK dons wanting the £1.5 for Mcleod!

I expect at that price Man City will probably get a shit load of interest and doubt he'd even consider coming here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Liverpool512
3Brighton612
4Arsenal612
5Aston Villa512
6Newcastle611
7Chelsea610
8Nottm F610
9Fulham69