Vassell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Vassell is a proven Premiership goalscorer!

He would be looking to stay in the premiership though i would have thought as it wasn't long ago he was still in the England mix.

If thats true they want £1.5m for him, that makes Steve Bruce more of a joke putting a price tag of £2-2.5m on DJ and MK dons wanting the £1.5 for Mcleod!

I expect at that price Man City will probably get a shit load of interest and doubt he'd even consider coming here.

Is he? Where do you fathom that idea from? If you base that on him scoring goals in the Prem, then so is Darius Henderson, but i wouldn't be too excited about seeing him here. He's an ok CF, but not the answer IMO.

Is he? Where do you fathom that idea from? If you base that on him scoring goals in the Prem, then so is Darius Henderson, but i wouldn't be too excited about seeing him here. He's an ok CF, but not the answer IMO.

Has he or has he not scored in the premiership??? Did i say scored every game???

He's a premiership striker who's scored 6 goals in 22 app for England at the highest level, he's 27 and at a club that last season were terrible!

I'd be quite happy if he signed for Leicester for £1.5m, we finished 19th in the championship last season so i'd say he'd be a bit of an improvement on what we've got, but you guys know best as always!!!

Has he or has he not scored in the premiership??? Did i say scored every game???

He's a premiership striker who's scored 6 goals in 22 app for England at the highest level, he's 27 and at a club that last season were terrible!

I'd be quite happy if he signed for Leicester for £1.5m, we finished 19th in the championship last season so i'd say he'd be a bit of an improvement on what we've got, but you guys know best as always!!!

I agree. Obviously everything we are talking about is rumours but if there was a choice between McLeod for £1.5, DJ for £2 and Vassell for £1.5 mil then I would have Vassell all day long.

Man City couldn't score for shit last season which wasn't all down to Vassell. At least he has scored goals against top teams and top defenders which is better than someone who has only done it against Linoln City.

And yet he was so good he didn't get picked?

No, you didn't, but I wanted definition of a 'proven Premiership striker', which I don't think he is any more.

Do you mean proven in the Akinbiyi sense then?

I explained the lack of being picked by Man City earlier.

Sammaras was bought for in the region of £7 million. There was no way that Stuart Pearce was going to not play the greek fella!! Plus, City only played with one up front all season........

I explained the lack of being picked by Man City earlier.

Sammaras was bought for in the region of £7 million. There was no way that Stuart Pearce was going to not play the greek fella!! Plus, City only played with one up front all season........

So can you explain his last season at Villa then, when he only scored three goals?

The fact is Vassell has never had a good scoring record in the Premiership, his performances for England have always been better than he's been able to achieve at club level.

what's your point then?

:102:

He would be an EXCELLENT signing. He won't drop down to a mid table Championship side though and neither will Fowler.

Bottom line is he's better than the strikers we've got IMO and certainly better value at £1.5m than other strikers we have been linked with IMO.

It's all rumours anyway, the deal with DJ has probably already been done.

I think Vassell would be a good signing, and personall think that in the Championship he would score what is technical known as a 'shit-load' of goals!

Hopefully he will either come to us or another Championship team so I can be proven right! :)

Fair point - don't think he's ever played at Champ level and think he would be good. He's very strong and got pace - whats not to like?

As far as we know, we haven't even lodged a bid but I'd rather spend 1.5 mill on him than on Mcloed. The guy is obviously technically good because he's played for England.

I think Sven is selling as he thinks he can spend the money elsewhere - or may need to sell before he can buy.

vassell is sik plyr man, he az got bare skills an iz bare fast, we shud sign him and bellermee, we wud ave the sikest and quikest strikers fo sho!!

Please post in English. If you're not willing to do that I suggest you go to Foxestalk.co.uk instead.

For Disco Bob and company to have another go. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Please post in English. If you're not willing to do that I suggest you go to Foxestalk.co.uk instead.

But diz iz da way we tork in diz country now dunt ya no m8. Get wiv da pikcha Jeffrey.:icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670