Vaughan's injury - how bad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bald reynard

Does anyone know how bad Vaughan's "hamstring strain" is ? I wonder if it's likely to keep him out for a while and could possibly scupper Howard's move to Huddersfield ?

Howard was never going to Huddersfield in the first place. I don't think Vaughan is injured to be honest, just nowhere near match fitness - he's been out injured for so long.

I think Nige is just happy to take his time and get him back to fitness before giving him a run of games, it's not like we're absolutely desperate for goals at the minute, so why rush him?

Howard was never going to Huddersfield in the first place. I don't think Vaughan is injured to be honest, just nowhere near match fitness - he's been out injured for so long.

I think Nige is just happy to take his time and get him back to fitness before giving him a run of games, it's not like we're absolutely desperate for goals at the minute, so why rush him?

I thought he was only here on loan for a month......:102:

Why the **** would we want to extend that if he is a crock?

Hilarious.

The idea of bringing in a short term loanee is actually about giving LCFC
a boost not providing a recuperation facility for Everton FC.

Let's hope you are right and this is a case of a player on his (rapid) way back - not one of those where we are messing around with a player who just doesn't have the basic physical make-up to deliver his potential footballing abilities. As we have found out more than once - those situations just don't ever work out.

How did he get this injury anyway? Did a Cardiff player foul him?

Cheer up Redditch! We're fourth in the league and can smell those Forest bingo dobbers.

You can be assured that it would take a lot more than that to cheer me up!

We need to win the game in hand, beat the Baggies away and then chip away at the 6 points (or whatever it is by then) resulting gap. Closing a 6 points deficit is just about possible.

The play offs might be exciting - but they represent odds against promotion of circa 3-1.

In the meantime I don't want to hear that Vaughan is getting injured again everytime the wind blows.

Hilarious.

The idea of bringing in a short term loanee is actually about giving LCFC
a boost not providing a recuperation facility for Everton FC.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

Pearson doesn't want to throw him straight into the side when he's not fit - what's wrong with that? He's obviously not far off match fitness or we wouldn't have loaned him in the first place.

We've got the option to extend the loan until the end of the season and if he still doesn't look like he'll be sharp enough to offer us anything we can send him back.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

Pearson doesn't want to throw him straight into the side when he's not fit - what's wrong with that? He's obviously not far off match fitness or we wouldn't have loaned him in the first place.

We've got the option to extend the loan until the end of the season and if he still doesn't look like he'll be sharp enough to offer us anything we can send him back.

Let's hope it all works out - he's 21 and seems to have picked up as many significant injuries since his Everton debut, as most players would expect in a career.

There is a precedent from last season. Mark Davies came to us in order to become match fit. If Vaughan does as well as Davies we will have nothing to complain about. Lets give the lad a chance.

Can Vaughan play at right back?

I've checked on Wikipedia and it doesn't say anything about him being able to play at right back, but my Mum saw him shopping in Asda's and thinks that he could, which is handy what with us needing a right back an all that, you know what I mean. He can read the game well, has good pace and can score goals which is something we haven't had in a right back since Frank Sinclair.

I hope Vaughan is fit soon. I have conceded that my doubts about NPs 4-3-3 have been proven wrong. However, I still maintain that it is too much to ask even a player as fit as Waghorn to play 90 minutes as the lone striker without fading toward the end. It seems to me that the system requires another striker to come on by the 70th minute. While I am not as critical of Steve Howard as some, it seems to me that bravery and strength are not enough and our version of 4-3-3 requires someone faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669