Very worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

TeamTalk said:
Cotterill mute on Leicester link

Burnley boss Steve Cotterill is refusing to discuss the prospect of taking over at Leicester.

Cotterill, who spent three months coaching at The Walkers Stadium last season, has been tipped to fill the vacant managerial post following Micky Adams' resignation this week.

He also has links with caretaker coach Howard Wilkinson, under whom he worked as assistant manager during an ill-fated spell at Sunderland two years ago.

"I only know what I've read and what you've read - that's the simple answer to it," said Cotterill.

"I don't know anything else, so there's nothing else I can comment on really."

I hope this does not mean that we will have the re-birth at City of the Wilkinson Cotterill duo. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :? :? :?

Burnley Seem pretty desprate to hold on to him, must be doing something right

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo :!: :!: :? :? :?

Mercury said:
Bassett said: "I haven't applied for the job but the board know where I am coming from.

"I am caretaker-manager and am here to help the club out and have stepped into the breach for as long as necessary. It's in my contract.

"I'll get on and do the best I can for the club, but if the board approach me at some stage about the vacancy then we will have a chat about it.

"Of course I'd consider it if they thought I was the right man for the job."

first things first i would be very surprised if cotterill came to leicester,surely he would not do the dirty twice,stoke and now burnley.

as for bassett,i would not rule it out as he would come cheap and he knows the set up,but personally i would like gary mac.

would u trust the Wilkinson/Cotterill partnership...look what happened last time they were together...2 wins from 20 games I seem to recall, at sunderland with bigger crowds and a better squad.....

Steven said:

Mercury said:
Bassett said: "I haven't applied for the job but the board know where I am coming from.

"I am caretaker-manager and am here to help the club out and have stepped into the breach for as long as necessary. It's in my contract.

"I'll get on and do the best I can for the club, but if the board approach me at some stage about the vacancy then we will have a chat about it.

You should be pleased about this. He obviously wants the job and therefor he will be giving his all to the cause in order to impress.

Harry is back, harry is back, Woah, Woah!

He was hardly a roaring success first time round so I hardly see the board going back to Dave Bassett, it will only be short term until Cotterill, Newell or Gary Mac are confirmed.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Steven said:

Mercury said:

You should be pleased about this. He obviously wants the job and therefor he will be giving his all to the cause in order to impress.

Yes, over the moon about it - best news for a long time, glad we will get the benefit of the re-launch of Harry's illustrious career.

Redditch Fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Steven said:

Mercury said:

Yes, over the moon about it - best news for a long time, glad we will get the benefit of the re-launch of Harry's illustrious career.

.....in fact I understand that in honour of the Harry/ Wilko dream ticket that they are going to re-name the Walkers as 'Jurassic Park'.

Redditch Fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Steven said:

Mercury said:

.....in fact I understand that in honour of the Harry/ Wilko dream ticket that they are going to re-name the Walkers as 'Jurassic Park'.

And Mace is going to launch a new commerative shirt in a new special colour to mark the occasion - Foxes dissentry brown

More shocking than that STUART PEARCE!!

news to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673