Views on Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotherhamfox

My criticism of Adams started last year, as some of his decisions bemuse me, awful subs, and a few poor signings. Sadly this has continued into this season, but why? He makes the same mistakes continually, every fan can see that its happening apart from the manager why? Is it blind faith in his own judgement which has been found wanting on more than several occasions or just lack of nouse. It seriously worries me, but these errors could be cut out so easily, another thing which makes me angry why don't Cork or Shirtliff or anyone on the bench question the decisions, surely they like us can see another bringing on of blake aint gonna work. But after all ive just read i have to say i want Adams to stay. He's been through alot with this club, and should be given a chance to turn the club round, after looking at the whole time hes been at the club he's done fairly well. His motivation before matches(which aint been here this year, yet), gets us into good winning positions such as 2-0 or even 3-0 then he will undo his and the sides good work by making terrible substitutions, leading to confusion and comebacks from beaten sides, this has happended far too many times and needs to stop, an error of his management which needs to be sorted very quickly(if there another Q & A with him, someone please highlight these facts im raising). But i feel sacking Micky could lead to real problems, perhaps even relegation, what do you fink?

rotherhamfox said:
My criticism of Adams started last year, as some of his decisions bemuse me, awful subs, and a few poor signings. Sadly this has continued into this season, but why? He makes the same mistakes continually, every fan can see that its happening apart from the manager why? Is it blind faith in his own judgement which has been found wanting on more than several occasions or just lack of nouse. It seriously worries me, but these errors could be cut out so easily, another thing which makes me angry why don't Cork or Shirtliff or anyone on the bench question the decisions, surely they like us can see another bringing on of blake aint gonna work. But after all ive just read i have to say i want Adams to stay. He's been through alot with this club, and should be given a chance to turn the club round, after looking at the whole time hes been at the club he's done fairly well. His motivation before matches(which aint been here this year, yet), gets us into good winning positions such as 2-0 or even 3-0 then he will undo his and the sides good work by making terrible substitutions, leading to confusion and comebacks from beaten sides, this has happended far too many times and needs to stop, an error of his management which needs to be sorted very quickly(if there another Q & A with him, someone please highlight these facts im raising). But i feel sacking Micky could lead to real problems, perhaps even relegation, what do you fink?

I think that we are looking at straightforward stubbornness in terms of team selection and use of substitutes - stubbornness is a virtue in the defender role he played as a well-respected footballer; limited tactical vision and not especially good judgement of players.

Apart from that, he's o.k!!!

I was serioulsy angered by his rather odd desicons on Saturady.

1) playing Williams when he is injured?

2)Not including Benji on the Bench

3)BRINGING BLAKE ON

4) Putting Dublin in defense!

5)BRINGING BLAKE ON!!

6)His jib at Radio Leicester (who he most clerarly hates!!)

I hear from a very good source that MA is stubbourn and will not accept he makes mistakes, I Quote " He never listens to other people, always believes he is right and blames his mistakes on everyone else and the reason so many players left last season was not due to money or the club but because, They do not like MA and have little faith in what he does" and before you question my source it was straight from the horses mouth.
In fact it was from three people all slightly drunk

I think MA was wearing some ear muffs or something similar yesterday because he said he didn't hear the crowd boo the team off the pitch.

beaumontfox said:
i thought his comments about Stewart NOT deserving a red card hilarious!

obviously he hadn't had time to see it on the tv replay............

I am the type of fan that will scream Black is White to try to get a result but if Micky said that then he really is losing it. :shock:

I believe this season is MA biggest test as a manager, he has pulled together a decent squad, we are a lot of pundits favourites to go up, the squad is full of players who like to play football and there is no behind the scenes distractions (at present ).

I like MA as a person but I am concerned that their is an arrogance and stubborness starting to develop, where MA will not change his tactics, his undying loyalty to certain players, whilst others are cast aside regardless of previous performances, his continual excuses at post match interviews where he rarely admits he has got things wrong and his "strange" substitution policy that has cost us far more games than it has won us.

This season will truly show whether MA is the right manager for this club, at present it has been a stop start beginning to the season, but if we are in a similar position at xmas then i think that maybe the time to revaluate Micky and his coaching staffs roles at the club.

Seems to me when the pressures on MA is great (admin and last week weher fans were bacically calling for his head) but no the pressure's off a bit it don't seem to matter asmuch.

Also look at last septmerber, our best preimership month - well we hadn't won and that first win against Leeds was a long time coming, the pressure was starting to build to a degree!

i have yet to jump on the 'adams out' bandwagon, but when i see him complaining about teams coming here to defend it makes me wonder "only sheffield united have come here to attack" well MA it may just be your job to organise your team to break these defences down :roll:

lazzer said:
i have yet to jump on the 'adams out' bandwagon, but when i see him complaining about teams coming here to defend it makes me wonder "only sheffield united have come here to attack" well MA it may just be your job to organise your team to break these defences down :roll:

Bet he hasn't thought of that yet mate. :roll:

I agree with that lazzer post. I'm not in the MA out just yet, for one because I can't see anyone coming to the club with a better record of getting clubs promoted or better in general.

Obviously that boils down to personal opinion before Redditch Fox/London Fox/Step/Dave talk about Steve Walsh or Gary Mills again.

The major problem to me is that we are so one paced, no one has the ability or speed to beat a man so we are left to pass it to feet and when thats done we just lump it for the flick on. I didn't see Harper play but he must have given a different dimension. However, if we don't start to break these teams down, then it may be cause for bringing in some of these wonderkids (Petrescu, O'Grady, Wright, Porter etc) cause according to the people who rave about them they have more skill than Pele and more pace than Ben Johnson on steriods.

Even allowing for exaggeration, they've got more chance than Wilcox, Scowy, Stewart, Connelly, Dublin of changing a game with a bit of skill.

Don't worry about it

According to Micky:

"Micky Adams says his squad will be working hard on the training ground to put things right "

And

"We have got bits to work on on the training ground and I am sure that it will eventually come."

Nice to hear a brand new approach being taken to putting things right

homer said:
Don't worry about it

According to Micky:

"Micky Adams says his squad will be working hard on the training ground to put things right "

And

"We have got bits to work on on the training ground and I am sure that it will eventually come."

Nice to hear a brand new approach being taken to putting things right

What on the last day of the season?

:( I was quite disgusted by MAs comments on radio.)
I think he should go now. How long do we need to see more no plan B poor substitutions, players, good ones without direction or any idea.
We are then told Burnley had a plan!! What are we paying this man to do? These excuses were trotted out last season as well(Bolton springs to mind)
"You dont know what youre doing" will replace "keep the faith" when we get crap comments like that of MA and awful awful peerformances against poor sides.
Who is the Chairman anyway?

At the moment, Leicester fans are becoming even more fickle than ever!!! Instead of a few weeks before becoming suicidal, its been 4 days!

I really can't see the argument for getting rid of him now. If he goes and someone comes in externally, we are back to week 1 of the season, a new manager, new team, no money for the manager to go and get his own players etc.

If we are left with the same squad (and we are) I always think that its just as well to let the current manager have 15-20 games and then see the score. We aren't miles off the pace, we won't be after that period because no matter how badly we play we will still beat/draw most teams we come up against.

Added to this I can't see the club attracting anyone better, anyone with a better record at this level, and anyone who is as good who wants to take over someone elses team without any money to bring in there own players.

We have just taken 7 points from 9, played well (by everyone's reports/ratings) the previous game and now we draw at home TO A TEAM WE LOST TO JUST AS BADLY 2 SEASONS AGO and we want to sack the manager.

Yes there are negatives (plenty of them I agree) but there are some positives too (clean sheet, unbeaten in 3 games) but as usual we don't choose to see them.

Oh Dunc, you naughty boy

I always think that its just as well to let the current manager have 15-20 games and then see the score

It was ten games a few weeks ago !! Now we're up to twenty !!

This is an arrogant, ignorant man who appears to have little idea of what to do next. His comments about getting back to the training ground are wearing thin.
His use of Blake on Saturday was a deliberate snub to the fans IMO, who I believe had been chanting for Tommy Wright.

He is a busted flush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570