Match Thread Villarreal v Leicester City

How did we setup and who played? That's what's more interesting at this stage of pre-season with a new manager.

Ze system is all that matters.

For those that watched, did any of the following play any part?
Thomas
Kristiansen
Soumare
Alves
Braybrooke

Nice goals for us. Some decent saves by Mads too.

It was Iverson in goal.
Ward also played.

From the abomination that is the Mercury website, these were the two lineups used:

Starting the game were Danny Ward, Brandon Cover, Harry Souttar, Caleb Okoli, James Justin, Harry Winks, Wilfred Ndidi, Abdul Fatawu, Wanya Marcal, Tom Cannon, and Jamie Vardy, with Will Alves substituted on.

For the second hour, the line-up was Daniel Iversen, Ricardo Pereira, Ben Nelson, Conor Coady, Luke Thomas, Hamza Choudhury, Boubakary Soumare, Kasey McAteer, Michael Golding, Stephy Mavididi, and Patson Daka, with Silko Thomas brought on later.

Don't think I've heard Brandon Cover's name before - wikipedia tells me he's a 20yo midifelder who's come through the academy, anyone know much about him?

Don't think I've heard Brandon Cover's name before - wikipedia tells me he's a 20yo midifelder who's come through the academy, anyone know much about him?
Played the first-half against Birmingham in the FA Cup in the Ricardo role.

Ward also played.

From the abomination that is the Mercury website, these were the two lineups used:

Starting the game were Danny Ward, Brandon Cover, Harry Souttar, Caleb Okoli, James Justin, Harry Winks, Wilfred Ndidi, Abdul Fatawu, Wanya Marcal, Tom Cannon, and Jamie Vardy, with Will Alves substituted on.

For the second hour, the line-up was Daniel Iversen, Ricardo Pereira, Ben Nelson, Conor Coady, Luke Thomas, Hamza Choudhury, Boubakary Soumare, Kasey McAteer, Michael Golding, Stephy Mavididi, and Patson Daka, with Silko Thomas brought on later.

Silko Thomas, Michael Golding... are Chelsea really our feeder club?

Ward also played.

No Braybrooke.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34