Virgin tv/broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about having the V+ box....

How does the broadband compare ?

so you dont rate the V+ box then Melts ?! :icon_lol:
It's noisy (ticking), and I don't like the menus. When you've finished watching a programme you have to ff it to the end to delete it.

It does ff and rw much smoother though.

edit - But obviously not smooth enough to stop "some people" missing the re-start after forwarding the adverts :icon_roll

Last edited:
It's noisy (ticking), and I don't like the menus. When you've finished watching a programme you have to ff it to the end to delete it.

It does ff and rw much smoother though.
No, you don't.

With V+ you can record two different channels whilst watching a third, which I don't think you can do with Sky+
Although the main advantage is not having a dish stuck to your house :icon_bigg

I was thinking about having the V+ box....

How does the broadband compare ?
I'm on quite a slow broadband speed, but they're in the process of giving everybody free upgrades. Never had any problems with it whatsoever though.

I think the packages are very good VFM - I'm currently on the 3 for £30 one.

You have to remember that Virgin is all the old cable companies rolled into one. Some of the original networks were very badly set up, and though I understand much of it has been improved, there are still parts which are not too reliable. And I doubt if those places where the cable was ploughed in directly at a depth of a couple of inches have had it re-done.

Two of my sons have it. One is quite content, but the other is far from happy. Despite all their advertising that the speed quoted is what you get his frequently drops from 8 to less than 1Mb. And customer service is via a rip-off rate phone line.

Probably best to check with neighbours first to see what the experience is in your area.

And also ask yourself if you actually need the TV package - if not then the price is hardly a bargain.

And customer service is via a rip-off rate phone line.

Customer services is 150 and completely free. Technical help is a 0906 number at 25p per minute with a 10p connection charge, however if the fault is something to do with Virgin the cost of the call is refunded, if not then you pay, which imo is fair enough.

I don't have the TV package, because I prefer Sky, so I just have the bog standard broadband and the medium phone package with Virgin. It costs me in the region of £23 a month for the two. The internet is sometimes slow, but overall the service is more than acceptable.

No, you don't.

With V+ you can record two different channels whilst watching a third, which I don't think you can do with Sky+
Although the main advantage is not having a dish stuck to your house :icon_bigg

You've been able to to do that with Sky+ long before V+ was ever invented.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670