Vista Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
HAs anyone gone through the process yet of claiming a free vista upgrade?? Is it really as difficult as I am finding?

anyone qualifies in one way or another who bought an XP based PC between October last year and March this year.

anyone qualifies in one way or another who bought an XP based PC between October last year and March this year.
I got mine in October I think.

On it, it says Windows XP, Windows Vista Ready. Does this mean I get a freebie, if so, what do I have to do?

Ive checked the generic site and neither are listed, look on their webiste direct for info. You still have to pay postage (about £15) but its a drop in the ocean compared to the £100 it would cost from scratch.

I got mine in October I think.

On it, it says Windows XP, Windows Vista Ready. Does this mean I get a freebie, if so, what do I have to do?

I dont think you will get it melts I think this is a clever ploy tbh, I thought that you only got it if you got somethign that stated it had a free upgrade with it, I think it is another, HD ready and hd compatable scenario.

I dont think you will get it melts I think this is a clever ploy tbh, I thought that you only got it if you got somethign that stated it had a free upgrade with it, I think it is another, HD ready and hd compatable scenario.

Not so, you get a 'free' upgrade on ANY PC or Laptop bought between October 2006 and March 2007 as long as you bought an XP based machine in that time.

Not so, you get a 'free' upgrade on ANY PC or Laptop bought between October 2006 and March 2007 as long as you bought an XP based machine in that time.

how would they know when you bought the PC when you download the update? Or is there another way of getting the upgrade?:102:
I'm not doubting you I'm just curious

They post you a DVD. You don't need a coupon although some have been issued. You fill out a web form, pay the postage and then fax your receipt over and they post it out.

Microsoft has released a program to test your eligabilty and update your computer.

download

If it's from Microsoft why isn't it located on their site but some other company's?

It's not a good idea to run programs if you're not 100% sure about where they've come from.
It's a prank, I've just d/loaded it. But whoever was responsible left the word "gag" in the program title

Last edited:
Some prank programs contain spyware, adware etc, so I wouldn't run it unless I was 100% sure about it.

its clean, wouldn't have done it otherwise.

got the link fom majorgeeks, the people their spend hours helping people remove spyware and stuff, they wouldn't have put the link up if it wasn't clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670