Vista Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that if you get Vista Microsoft can and will access your files.

Only if you live in Devon, apparently Bill Gates is really, really interested in finding out what files are on Devon based PCs.

I heard though that if you live in North Wales & you have Vista, Microsoft can & will access your files even if they arent even on your PC.
They will also have a rummage through your underwear drawer, but that isn't new, they've been doing that since Windows Millenium.

I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Vista bandwagon, major UK suppliers (including the country's biggest educational supplier) are still not rolling it out because of problems.

There have been reports of significant errors with Vista with well over 150 major bugs logged and apparently these will not be resolved before SP1 at the earliest

I've heard it described as the

"Win ME of the NT product family, except worse"

Anyone thinking of going over to Office 2007 might want to have a long look at whether they really need to. It has some big changes in the way it interfaces with the user and this creates a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to re-educating users.

Just my 2p worth

I wouldn't be too quick to jump on the Vista bandwagon, major UK suppliers (including the country's biggest educational supplier) are still not rolling it out because of problems.

There have been reports of significant errors with Vista with well over 150 major bugs logged and apparently these will not be resolved before SP1 at the earliest

I've heard it described as the

"Win ME of the NT product family, except worse"

I use it every day, in fact I'm on my Vista PC now, but I have to say I'm not a fan. I still prefer XP, with a decent skin to get rid of the awful look of XP, in fact, the only thing I like about Vista is the look of it.
But for anyone to compare it to WinME is just nonsense, absolute nonsense. People should have been put in jail for releasing WinME on the world.

Anyone thinking of going over to Office 2007 might want to have a long look at whether they really need to. It has some big changes in the way it interfaces with the user and this creates a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to re-educating users.

I absolutely hated Office 2007, tried it for a month, got sick of opening up freeware office apps just to get a job finished!
Pile of shite.

I am coming around to Vista, although I don't like the fact that with the standard permissions setup I couldn't save directly to my C: drive, I had to save everything into my "user" folder.

Office 2007 can die, I have it and hate it.

I got my laptop recently and it already had Vista on it - is there an update soon? It's ok, not that fast (compared to XP) but screen goes blank sometimes. I guess there are always teething probs, and beta testing is expensive so they let the public test it for them - cheeky Microsoft.

1Gb

I've so far found Vista to be faster than XP. What version you got Joe? I have Ultimate.

funky short cut that, not on my laptop thought but will do it later. I tell thee another nive vista thing - try holding windows key and then tabbing. Funky as well.

funky short cut that, not on my laptop thought but will do it later. I tell thee another nive vista thing - try holding windows key and then tabbing. Funky as well.

You just made my year! One of the main reasons I bought Vista was for the cool tabbing thing (sad I know) but then I found you couldn't alt-tab to do it, you had to click the button in the bar. Woohoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669