Wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Well-Known Member
Whilst I could never understand Micky's obsession with Scowcroft in the Prem, he is a good Fizzy League player.

I am intrigued by the prospect of selling him, if he is on a 'Taylor contract' of £30 000 a week.

Does anyone know the range of wages here? My guess would be £3 000 to £10 000, apart from Elliot and Walker, and maybe Benjamin.

If selling Scowcroft means 3 more 'good' players, old or young, on sensible wages, I would vote for that.
 

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Whilst I could never understand Micky's obsession with Scowcroft in the Prem, he is a good Fizzy League player.

I am intrigued by the prospect of selling him, if he is on a 'Taylor contract' of £30 000 a week.

Does anyone know the range of wages here? My guess would be £3 000 to £10 000, apart from Elliot and Walker, and maybe Benjamin.

If selling Scowcroft means 3 more 'good' players, old or young, on sensible wages, I would vote for that.
I was talking to a good scource (insider) the other day about this topic. Some of the so called "Taylor Contracts" were in fact in place when Taylor arrived, left over by the previous management, who subsequently jumped ship to higher grounds. (Lennon, Izzet, Elliot = £90,000 per week). At that moment in time the club was not in a position to accommodate these sort of wages

When the receivers came into the club, they blamed these 3 contracts for the beginning of the landslide into administration. And we all blame Taylor. I am not defending Taylor, how can I?, the twat bought "Akibollockbuy" and various other stupid things.

I am just pointing out things aren't always as we see them on the outside
 

MKFox

New Member
Melton Fox said:
Lennon, Izzet, Elliot = £90,000 per week
the cornerstone of the team and worth every penny. they were instrumental in our top 10 finishes in the prem. most teams would pay twice that at least for that status.

it's the lewis/ade/jones etc contracts that fooked it all up.
 

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
MKFox said:
Melton Fox said:
Lennon, Izzet, Elliot = £90,000 per week
the cornerstone of the team and worth every penny. they were instrumental in our top 10 finishes in the prem. most teams would pay twice that at least for that status.

it's the lewis/ade/jones etc contracts that fooked it all up.
I agree entirely with the cornerstone of the team comment, and they were quite rightly the highest paid players.

However, the receivers obviously thought otherwise and if the club couldn't sustain it. Who let it happen?
 

Bobby Smith

New Member
gagandeep said:
SamuearlJackson said:
Elliott's contract was signed with PT at the helm in 2001:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/1494142.stm

SamJ
he only signed a 1 year extension then, but it was john elsom who gave him the contract, when MON had gone and taylor wasnt here yet.
True, but it was rumoured at the time that another £10,000 p/w went onto his wage. :shock: That was T(wat)aylor trying to persuade Matt to stay when I don't think any other club would have picked up the massive contract on a player of his age.

I think we should be looking at Benji, Scowcroft, Lewis, Jones, Akinbiyi when talking about non value for money, those add up to £12M in transfer fees alone and what were the wages?
 

Nottm Fox

New Member
i like scowcroft as a player but think we pay him way too much given the current finances. it is frustrating to think that we can get exciting players like canero, morris and williams on reasonable wages but the likes of benjamin, scowcroft and elliott are all still on the big money.

When it was izzet, lennon and heskey earning the money it was different because they were the players we couldn't afford to lose. i wouldn't put tricky trev, scowcroft or elliott in that category now.
 

gagandeep

New Member
Nottm Fox said:
i like scowcroft as a player but think we pay him way too much given the current finances. it is frustrating to think that we can get exciting players like canero, morris and williams on reasonable wages but the likes of benjamin, scowcroft and elliott are all still on the big money.

When it was izzet, lennon and heskey earning the money it was different because they were the players we couldn't afford to lose. i wouldn't put tricky trev, scowcroft or elliott in that category now.
but u could elliot 3/4 years ago. it was stupid giving elliot a new 5 year contract when he was 32, did they really think he would be the same player 4/5 years on and woth 35k a week?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Leicester  9
Liverpool  9
Everton  9
Aston Villa  6
Arsenal  6
Palace  6
Leeds Utd  6
Tottenham   4
Chelsea  4
10 Newcastle Utd  4
11 West Ham Utd  3
12 Brighton  3
13 Manchester City  3
14 Manchester Utd  3
15 Southampton  3
16 Wolves  3
17 West Brom  1
18 Burnley  0
19 Sheffield Utd  0
20 Fulham  0
Top