Speculation Waghorn to Sheffield United (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCFC'sGodWears9

Seen this on Twitter, I'll try link it when I get on the computer. I highly doubt him and Schlupp will both leave on loan, one or the other.

Re: Waghorn to Sheff Utd (Loan)

Seen this on Twitter, I'll try link it when I get on the computer. I highly doubt him and Schlupp will both leave on loan, one or the other.

Not if Kev Phillips is coming in :icon_wink

I have to agree with Homers assessment on Waghorn.

A truly catastrophic waste of money. Lend him out.

This sounds much more like it, would much rather keep Schlupp involved and ship Waggy out and I think Waggy is OK but Schlupp is definitely better and his versatility makes it a no brainer to keep him.

I like it how they wrote 'Doncaster are showing an interest but would prefer not to have to deal with any transfer fees'...

Wouldn't we all! I think a club better than Doncaster would be interested in taking him on a free so really they are gonna have to choke up something if they want him rather than have to try and fight for his signature with other clubs when his contract is over here.

I like it how they wrote 'Doncaster are showing an interest but would prefer not to have to deal with any transfer fees'...

Wouldn't we all! I think a club better than Doncaster would be interested in taking him on a free so really they are gonna have to choke up something if they want him rather than have to try and fight for his signature with other clubs when his contract is over here.

If Waghorn knows bigger (and better paying) clubs than Doncaster want him for free in the summer, why would he go to Doncaster anyway, whatever the fee?

If Waghorn knows bigger (and better paying) clubs than Doncaster want him for free in the summer, why would he go to Doncaster anyway, whatever the fee?

If there is no fee involved, I'd expect more clubs would be interested, so a higher chance that a bigger club might be interested in taking him on. If a fee is involved then I'd expect less interest.

If there is no fee involved, I'd expect more clubs would be interested, so a higher chance that a bigger club might be interested in taking him on. If a fee is involved then I'd expect less interest.

Exactly. So why do you think he might go to Doncaster now, rather than sign for a bigger club in the summer?

I have a lot of time for Waghorn. To repeat what I have said before about Nicky Adams he has energy commitment and endless courage, Sadly he does not have enough talent to play for Leicester City.

Waghorn was bought out of desperation and desperation rarely works. Steve Bruce had not intended to sell, However, Leicester were in relegation trouble under Sousa and offered silly money. It is interesting to wonder how Nigel would have spent £3 million.

I have a lot of time for Waghorn. To repeat what I have said before about Nicky Adams he has energy commitment and endless courage, Sadly he does not have enough talent to play for Leicester City.

Waghorn was bought out of desperation and desperation rarely works. Steve Bruce had not intended to sell, However, Leicester were in relegation trouble under Sousa and offered silly money. It is interesting to wonder how Nigel would have spent £3 million.

And the money Sven had at his disposal

We always hear this figure of 3 million for Waggy, but wasn't it reported at the time as more like 2 million plus add-ons, which wouldn't have been paid as he's probably not made the required appearances/goals to activate many or any of them?

We always hear this figure of 3 million for Waggy, but wasn't it reported at the time as more like 2 million plus add-ons, which wouldn't have been paid as he's probably not made the required appearances/goals to activate many or any of them?

Best get him out before we're promoted

I think part of the add on was based on us being promoted. Presumably there was a timescale involved in that and we won't have to pay a big sum at the end of the season if we go up.

Exactly. So why do you think he might go to Doncaster now, rather than sign for a bigger club in the summer?

Well that post was a week ago when Doncaster were showing an interest but nobody better placed was. Now looks like Blackburn are. The point was if Doncaster were that bothered about him, maybe they should have coughed up some money now to avoid getting into a war with other clubs when he becomes available on a free in the summer. Maybe they can't afford to pay a fee but the term 'prefer not to have to deal with a fee' indicates they could if they needed to. Could have had a good young player for a small fee before anyone else came sniffing but as it is, looks like bigger clubs now showing an interest so probably won't get him even if they are prepared to spend now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566