Walker next to leave the "sinking" ship !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorkwolf said:
As I indicated earlier, ambition may tell. :wink:

Just a small town in Walsall

Malf said:
Ricey said:
I've said it many times but I really don't rate Danny Coyne, whenever I've seen him play for Leicester or Grimsby he has had trouble holding the ball. We have to try and keep Walker because we will be far far better off with him rather than Coyne.

Agreed! He punches the ball far too much, not seen enough of him to make a cast iron judgement but I would rather have Walker.

Think that goes without saying, he is definately the best english goalie in the premier this season and should be first choice this summer. I dont think the really big clubs will come in for him as they seem to prefer a constant succession of 'flappy' foreign goalies. In my opinion he is exactly what someone like arsenal would need

Lboro fox said:
Malf said:
Ricey said:
I've said it many times but I really don't rate Danny Coyne, whenever I've seen him play for Leicester or Grimsby he has had trouble holding the ball. We have to try and keep Walker because we will be far far better off with him rather than Coyne.

Agreed! He punches the ball far too much, not seen enough of him to make a cast iron judgement but I would rather have Walker.

Think that goes without saying, he is definately the best english goalie in the premier this season and should be first choice this summer. I dont think the really big clubs will come in for him as they seem to prefer a constant succession of 'flappy' foreign goalies. In my opinion he is exactly what someone like arsenal would need

Better Spurs to Arsenal move than Campbell

Wellard said:
Anyway, did Heskey have a sell on clause in his contract??

Sell on clauses are usually based on a share of the profit made on a player. Liverpool haven't made a profit on Heskey so even if there was a sell on clause we wouldn't get anything.

Wellard said:
Why would a keeper need to play in the Premiership to prove he is England class?

I can understand that an outfield player needs to prove himself against the best players in the country but a shot is a shot whether its in the Premiership or Div 3.

so would you prefer that shot to come from terry henri or some part time div 3 player?

webmaster said:
Wellard said:
Anyway, did Heskey have a sell on clause in his contract??

Sell on clauses are usually based on a share of the profit made on a player. Liverpool haven't made a profit on Heskey so even if there was a sell on clause we wouldn't get anything.

Webby, you outstand me sometimes, well done again!

Macky said:
Wellard said:
Why would a keeper need to play in the Premiership to prove he is England class?

I can understand that an outfield player needs to prove himself against the best players in the country but a shot is a shot whether its in the Premiership or Div 3.

so would you prefer that shot to come from terry henri or some part time div 3 player?

Green from Norwich was called up to the England squad, and he's never had any Premiership expereince. Although, the quality of shooting in the Premiership will obviously be much better than in the lower divisions! So, to play at International level, you really need to have some sort of Premiership expereince to see how you cope with it.

To be honest after Euro 2004 Walker wont get a mention in the squad ! Kirkland,Wright & other youth GKs will be getting call ups , Walker will probs retire

Ashov said:
To be honest after Euro 2004 Walker wont get a mention in the squad ! Kirkland,Wright & other youth GKs will be getting call ups , Walker will probs retire

I doubt he will retire from Internationals! :? :lol:

webmaster said:
I take it then the opposite applies then Webbo and you should pay Liverpool a share of the differnce as they have made a massive loss. :roll: :lol: :wink:

Dorkwolf said:
webmaster said:
I take it then the opposite happens then Webbo and you should pay Liverpool a share of the differnce as they have made a massive loss. :roll: :lol: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dorkwolf said:
webmaster said:
I take it then the opposite applies then Webbo and you should pay Liverpool a share of the differnce as they have made a massive loss. :roll: :lol: :wink:

YeR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469