Post Match Walsall 0 Leicester 0 - EFL Cup

Fatawu worked hard.

Ricardo as well.

Shame he'll not see another pitch until our next cup game.
Fatawu worked hard, and late on looked like our only player likely to create something. But he didn't. Against League 2 opponents. I don't think I can get carried away.

Similarly, Ricardo did well (and I'm someone who would like to see him play with Justin on the left), but he hardly put down a marker telling Cooper that he has to play him more

I thought our win in the last round showed we had a capable team, we brushed past lesser opposition with ease. Perhaps it was a matter of time we laid down a marker with an impressive win in the Prem.

This result reaffirmed to me how delusional I have been.

I hear the obvious criticism against Cooper, Walsall are on a good run, but fringe players had their chance tonight. Very disappointing.

We should revert back to the shape that got us promoted last season. With an inverted full back, when attacking or in possession. The shape worked well and gave the 2 attacking midfield players Cooper seems to be trying to shoehorn into the fkn ridiculous tactics, shape that he's trying to use. By getting the fullback to take the wingers position and the winger to move in and become the extra attacking midfielder.

In brighter news, fourth round here we come!

Dia-****ing-bollock-all.

Danny Ward MOTM, the rest played like they just couldn't be arsed.

And Edoaurd = Daka having an off day.

Well that’s a night that I’ll never get back, shithole of a ground, an abysmal display by a team bereft of attacking ideas, a manager that doesn’t appear to know how to change things, the fastest thing on the pitch was the idiot who ran across towards Cooper (or did he just get lost), and to top it all the M6 was closed and after wiling our way through scenic Birmingham only to find the M69 was also closed and got home (Burbage) at 11.45, dread to think what time the coaches got back to Leicester. Sack him now before it’s to late.

Can't wait to watch the extended highlights on LCFC.com later.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57