Walshie on radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the pitch Walsh was an exceptionaly good player for the club.
Off the pitch he is proving himself to be an absolute wanchor. No coaching badges no self control and a bucket load of bull shite IMO.
He played vey well here as a player but his time is past now and the club dont owe him a thing.
Taggart on the other hand has made at least some effort up to now and although results are poor, i find it hard to account any blame towards him and burrows. They are in large part playing the hand that they have been dealt.
I dont beleive burrows and taggart are the people to improve us though, but at the moment have no clue who actualy could, as we are that bad.

IMO i don't really care who takes control of the club. be it walshie, taggs, reid, royal, anyone as long as they get us winning, i don't care for the style of football they play whether they played for leicester wether they have even been to leicester or not if they start winning games i'm in.

No appointment will ever meet everyones view the state we are in. how's about we stop slagging off the likes walshie, reid and royal until they have had ago. I'm personnally not all for the aforementioned but at the same time i wont be against them untill they have done something wrong against my beloved team.

I'm not a big megson fan i think he had his wrong points (even more so for what he did to us) and a lot of baggies fans didn't like his style of play. But i for one enjoy winning a hell of a lot more than losing no matter how we play, if we walk out of after the game everyweek saying "we were lucky to have won" it wouldn't bother me. Micky Adams turned out shite and a tw*t but the season we got promoted we played awful football long ball all the way but it won us games thats what counts.

I do agree that walshie has done nothing in terms of badges etc to earn the right to manage any club but at least you know he would do anything to win (as he showed as player)

As for burrows he doesn't get the credit he deserves. I know today was shite and i know others have been shite (Yes i do go to the matches) but he is in charge when things go right for us it's all "gerry taggarts blue white army" when they go wrong it's "Gerry gerry sort it out" he should get a lot more praise/slagging off than he does.

As for the people who slag manderic off, feck me anyone in any business has to make choices on management (yes football is one of them industries where it is highlighted if you get it wrong) but at least he has the balls to stand up and say "yes he was a wrong choice" and do something about it. and not forget we could have been and most likely would have been in a worse place than we are now if it wasn't for him.

anyway i know my spelling isn't great and punctuation isn't as it should be (i know what a lot of people are like on here and i don't mean offense it's just ajoke) but sod it get behind who ever gets in charge or who is in charge then praise/put them down when things go right/wrong.

Yes i have been down the pub a fair while. no i am not a youngster who only wants an ex player in charge all i want is someone to start fecking winning games.

Two things really:

1. No former players should be allowed near the job as manager of this club. Unless they have been proven to have a genuine aptitude for management they should stick to something else (that includes Grayson who I believe should stay well away).
2. Anyone saying they have lost respect for Walsh/Taggart should get a grip. they are both legends in my eyes. Taggs may not have been successful as an ASSITANT to meg-head and later burrows but they both at least gave two shits which is more than I can say for anyone on the field today.

Some perhaps should go and should not consider a career in management...However good servenats most sertainly don't need or deserve anyone's ****ing judgement. They may well be shite managers but they belong to LCFC and I am proud of their achievements. I still dream about the silence of the lambs. I still see Walsh in my mind after that goal. I don;t know him and he could prove to be unpleasant but to me he is a hero regardles of what he does. Perhaps not management material but they are legends.

Sadly though, and this genuinely upsets me, is that I fear Taggart may be about to lose some of his "legend" status too.

I have never ever considered Taggart as a Leicester City "legend" and I was not aware anyone did. Taggart was a very good player for us in a relatively very successful time in the clubs history but calling him a legend is cheapening the term legend.

Because fans are fickle.

And the longer we have to watch cack with him as part of the management 'team' fans will turn on him and give him a shedload of abuse because of how cack we are, when instead it would be better to remember him for what he did for us on the pitch.

I'm sorry I just can't agree with that. Taggart is no longer a Leicester City player. He is part of a management team who is doing a very sh!t job of managing our club. When Frank Mclintock made a right pigs ear of managing us were people not entitled to critise Mclintock the "manager" because Mclintock the "player" was previously so good for us? Hypothetically speaking if everyone's hero Martin O'Neill came back and got us relegated to dividion three would he be criticism-proof because of his previous achievements? Taggart and Burrows deserve to be criticised for the bad job they are currently doing.

This does not make me or any other fan fickle in any way.

I have never ever considered Taggart as a Leicester City "legend" and I was not aware anyone did. Taggart was a very good player for us in a relatively very successful time in the clubs history but calling him a legend is cheapening the term legend.
I would never refer to any sportsman as a "legend", hence why I used speech marks to indicate a quote from others.

Taggs however, is one of my all time fave City players, I'd hate for his good time to be tarnished by others.

Mrs newton told me what he was saying ,i wish i had phoned in now and told him some truths like....................

YOU HAVE TRYED FOR THE MANAGERS JOB EVERY TIME IT HAS BECOME FREE :icon_evil

and you have not got it and wont get it ,you could not even keep your golf thing going so

how in hell will you be good and know how to make this lot win FFS

walsh shut up !!!!!

What p*sses me off about Walshie bullsh*tting on the radio is the constant "It is so obvious to me what is wrong", "They started with the wrong line-up today", etc. But he has NEVER said what he would do different. If he cared about the club and wanted the job he would say what he thought was wrong and let us see how correct he is and then we would stampede to Milan's office demanding he appoint Walshie immediately!

Walshie you are full of cr*p! If you can't be part of the solution, stop being part of the problem!

Maybe if he had done his coaching badges since he retired, like others have done, I MIGHT take him a bit more seriously, til then, he can shove his 'I know better' opinion up his arse....

My guess is that Walsh thinks that his presence would be sufficient to force underperforming players to get things together.

Highly unlikely but I think I can see where he is coming from.

I think we have a very ordinary and unbalanced squad - but no one has yet got anything like the best out of them.

Walsh is being totally unrealistic thinking he is qualified for the manager's job - but the issue have players not producing their best individually or collectively seems valid.

We ALL know that motivation/inspiration is an essential skill for a manager, and maybe Walshie could do that, though it amounts to a lot more than tossing the teacups at half-time.
The really hard/clever part is the player combinations on the pitch, who works best alongside who, is Hume better in midfield, who can actually run up and down the wings all afternoon?
Here I suspect Walshie would be severely lacking due to his negligble managerial experience.

To apply for the manager's job, you need the personal application to go do the coaching badges qualification. As has been rightly said, Walsh has singularly failed to do this. If the players can't apply themselves to play as was shown yet again yesterday, Walsh has shown he can't apply himself to manage either - that would be a great combination (Walsh managing this shower) and the fast track to joining Forest in the lower division. Walsh's rantings and personal lobbying for the job on the radio are actually getting embarrassing... Great, great player - but no manager.

Last edited:
To apply for the manager's job, you need the personal application to go do the coaching badges qualification. As has been rightly said, Walsh has singularly failed to do this. If the players can't apply themselves to play as was shown yet again yesterday, Walsh has shown he can't apply himself to manage either - that would be a great combination (Walsh managing this shower) and the fast track to joining Forest in the lower division. Walsh's rantings and personal lobbying for the job on the radio are actually getting embarrassing... Great, great player - but no manager.

do they i can think of one manager in the prem that has not got his coaching badges

Last edited:
do they i can think of one manager in the prem that has not got his coaching badges

Fergie but he was a manager before all this badge gonads and so gets a dispensation.

I'm convinced Mike Newell will get then job. Don't know why, I haven't heard any rumours but I just have that feeling.

Yep , he still got away with it and shows you don't need the badges to be a manager dose it not :102:

although now you can be manager but need to get them ASAP as anther prem manager did

I reckon, what we have at the moment is a great opportunity. Yes, we are shite, yes we are rudderless, and yes we are losing and drawing more than we are winning.

I think what we should be looking for is not only a manager who can get us winning but also a manager who wants to play good attractive winning football.

I'm sure i'm not alone in not only wanting us to win, but given the choice we would all surely want LCFC to play good football?

I do, of course understand that there are times when you will need to grind out a result, but this should be the exception reather than the rule.

Bring on Tigana or someone else who who's ethos is to win, but also to win in style!!!!

I think what we should be looking for is not only a manager who can get us winning but also a manager who wants to play good attractive winning football.

Bring on Tigana or someone else who who's ethos is to win, but also to win in style!!!!

Sadly, even a reincarnated Sir Matt Busby couldn't get this lot to play "good attractive winning football". They are not the right players or mix to be able to do that. Megson was right in as much as their strengths are those of a team that can be organised to be difficult to beat...end of.

Well it will have to be "someone else". I am quite sure that the speculation about Tigana was only to provide a bit of a 'blue skies' feeling and also seek to demonstrate that Milan is aiming high.

We have had years of very poor results now and four years of league tables including this season do not lie. Players come and go; managers come and go - and somehow we remain becalmed.

I think the way forward now is through appointing the best available and giving them the rest of this season and the next two seasons to sort things out. But I doubt whether any of us have the patience for that - me included.

I'm convinced Mike Newell will get then job. Don't know why, I haven't heard any rumours but I just have that feeling.

Apparently he's approaching clubs for permission to speak to their managers , which sort of suggests that he isn't impressed with the out of work managers he has interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669