Warming the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

I see one Mr Paul Dickov was warming the Blackburn bench today (even if it was only for 46 Mins)!

And still up to the same old tricks:
Dickov was bundled to the ground on 65 minutes inside the box with the Blackburn End screaming for a penalty, who can blame them with the last Rovers penalty awarded back in April 2003, but the referee was again having none of it.

I think Blake needs to be sitting on the Reserves bench!

Also Sir les played a massive 13 mins at Bolton

dickov,ferdinand and izzet I have no hard feeling's against dickov and ferdidand had an outstanding work rate and attitude and izzet was here for a long time turning down the premiership the first time we got relegated and I liked that loyalty.

sorry to break your heart mate but izzet didnt turn down the premiership-no-one was interested in him at the time and if they where they couldn't afford the wages we were paying him. Don't you remeber that he handed in a transfer request that season. It baffles me how everyone see's izzet as a loyal servant, he wanted to leave the first time but couldn't.

He turned down a move to Middlesborough when he knew we were going down

he only turned that move down because he didn't want to move north-if villa came in or a london club(as he's from there) he would of been off mate-face it no-one is loyal anymore

But we don't know that do we - he was guaranteed premiership football at a club that was clearly on the up

And he turned it down to carry on with what was clearly a sinking ship. There is no way that Dickov, Thatcher or Scimeca would have done that -they would have been out the door straight away.

Izzett cannot be discussed in the same breath as those money grabbing losers. Yes, there is no such thing as loyalty in football - but some are more loyal than others

so your telling me if villa came in that season, offering the same money he wouldn't of gone there? I think your being blinded by your love for him. Yes he was a good player bt he was commited to being a premiership player rather then a leicester player. The only club that came in for him,boro, didn't suit him so he stayed here where he still got his 30k paycheck.......

If he was committed to being a premiership player he would have gone to Middlesborough - or put in a transfer request

I'm not blinded by love for him at all - you seem blinded by anger towards him, without recognising the commitment he did give to our club over a very long period of time

Something you cannot say about the others mentioned at the beginning of this thread

I cannot stand how some of you are being so nasty towards the living legend who is Muzzy Izzet. I suggest you have a harsh word with yourselves you cock knockers.

why was izzet loyal when he wanted to leave-i'm not saying that he isn't one of the best players who ever played for this club but the fact remains he's not as loyal as you seem to think he is.

He was staunchly loyal, and committed to LCFC for years. He gave this club everything and, on occassions, carried it on his back. He is a genuine legend.

So do we slag off Lineker because he b*ggered off to Everton ? Is he not loyal then ?

Bloody Lineker. Money grabbing b*stard who couldn't wait to leave to join a bigger club. What a disloyal tosser he was.

Muzzy was even in the crowd last week for the Derby game, FFS.

Amazing what some people think

when did i ever say Sir Gary wasn't loyal mate ffs. He moved because at the time everton where a big club and he needed to progress his career i ain't got no shit towards gary lineker. You need to read this clearly mate as i'm fed up of repeating myself...
Izzet handed in a transfer request at the end or some point during the relegation season 3 years ago. The only club that came in for him was boro but izzet only wanted to stay in the midlands as he had a house there,or move to london where he's from. As no clubs came in for him or offered him the same money he didn't move and stayed with us and effectivley got us up by himself. I'm not saying Izzet wasn't a great player,I'm not saying he wasn't loyal to us at the start, I'm not saying that any player that moved from leicester isn't loyal, I'm just saying that Izzet wanted to move after we got relegated-so is that loyalty?-he only stayed as he had no other options

I was making a comparison, not accusing you of anything

The point is that Lineker moved away from LCFC because he wanted to go to a bigger and (at the time) better club. But no one would ever question his loyalty or commitment to this club. Everyone says good on yer Gary, best of luck. Legend. thanks for all you have given us

Izzett does exactly the same thing, after dragging this club through thick and thin, and having had the opportunity previously to desert a sinking ship and refusing it, and he is a lousy disloyal git

Can you not see the double standard there ?

Ok i see your point be he only stayed for one reason no-one who suited him wanted him. If Izzet is as loyal as you say he has then maybe he would of signed a one year contract to the club who made him and try and help and back and see where it goes from there...not likely

Had we stayed up that is exactly what would have happened

And if no one had come in for Sir Gary that matched his expectation then he would have stayed at the club as well

Fact is, someone did and he was off like a shot

drummindefender said:
so your telling me if villa came in that season, offering the same money he wouldn't of gone there? I think your being blinded by your love for him. Yes he was a good player bt he was commited to being a premiership player rather then a leicester player. The only club that came in for him,boro, didn't suit him so he stayed here where he still got his 30k paycheck.......

I wish you wouldn't mention Villa. It spoils a good lunch.

Fox Fan said:
I see one Mr Paul Dickov was warming the Blackburn bench today (even if it was only for 46 Mins)!

And still up to the same old tricks:
Dickov was bundled to the ground on 65 minutes inside the box with the Blackburn End screaming for a penalty, who can blame them with the last Rovers penalty awarded back in April 2003, but the referee was again having none of it.

I think Blake needs to be sitting on the Reserves bench![/quote

What on earth have the Reserves done to upset you?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673