Warming the Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Fan said:
I see one Mr Paul Dickov was warming the Blackburn bench today (even if it was only for 46 Mins)!

And still up to the same old tricks:
Dickov was bundled to the ground on 65 minutes inside the box with the Blackburn End screaming for a penalty, who can blame them with the last Rovers penalty awarded back in April 2003, but the referee was again having none of it.

I think Blake needs to be sitting on the Reserves bench!

What on earth have the Reserves done to upset you?

I'm not sure loyalty is the currency by which we can judge past players - surely it's their effort, the way they conduct themselves and lets not kid ourselves their ability on the pitch.

Muzzy did put in a transfer request and, from what I understand, didn't move only because he didn't get the right offer. He's a professional player and he's entitled to do that. However the fact that he asked for a transfer (and therefore the loss of a 'loyalty' bonus) and then continued to perform as one of our best players rather than sulking around spreading bad feeling shows to me the quality of the man. He's invested a lot of his life in LCFC and while he's been rewarded handsomely for it we've been left with an awful lot of good memories, perhaps even the stuff of legend.

drummindefender said:
sorry to break your heart mate but izzet didnt turn down the premiership-no-one was interested in him at the time and if they where they couldn't afford the wages we were paying him. Don't you remeber that he handed in a transfer request that season. It baffles me how everyone see's izzet as a loyal servant, he wanted to leave the first time but couldn't.

i couldn't agree more... as good as muzzy has been for city (and that doesn't include the last two seasons or when we got relegated thanks to he shall not be named) the only reason he stayed with us when we were first relegated was geography (who wants to live in teeside???) and money (who else was going to match the wages he got under the last rtegime at city???)

i'm sorry but i can't wish him well at brum.. seeing him and savage together is not a happy sight for me... as for emile however, i wish him all the best on a personal note if not necessarily all the best for the team he is now playing for...

dickov is a twat... (toughest decision of my life - easy decision to sign for my hero mr. souness (isn't dickov a celtic fan - strange that, him having a rangers man as his hero))... as for les, he had a very good season with us and good luck to him at bolton...

watching savage and izzett together at brum is like finding out your mrs is cheating on you.You have to accept its going on but you dont particularly want to watch the highlights of them in action :roll:

hey thats worth a buck fifty of anyone's hard earned money...

Paul Dickov left for personal reasons, his wife wanted a move up north, no-one can fault him for putting his family first. Money played no part in it as MA has publicly said that he offered Paul the exact same amount of money that Blackburn did. I'm sure if Janet Dickov didn't want to move back up where her family are, He wouldn't have gone.

i take it when he told city fans on the last game of the season he was staying here he momentarily forgot his wifes place of birth and lemming like desire to return to it :roll:

Whilst I don't like the way that he went. (I'll be back and all that cr^p). I believe it could be a blessing in disguise as Connolly looks already a better player than Dicksplash ever was or will be. 8)
Hope he gets splinters :twisted:

plus moving isn't that big a deal-sinclair n walker had flats in leicester bt still had houses down in london so why couldnt dickov

I think that was one of the main reason's Muzz went to Birmingham, because its only 40mins down the motorway.

I think it was probally the lure of premiership football that most tempted Dockov away from the Walkers! :roll:

maybe so but don't you feel it would of been honorouble of dickov to stick with us for another year and to try and get us back up, and if we didn't he could be free to move on. After all we are the club that resurrected his career from the man city reserves and stuck by him when the going got tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669