Was Covid the turning point?

SilverFox

Was that our sliding doors moment do you think? We had just battered Villa and had a big gap to 5th. Without that break in the season would have cruise to 4th? If we had, that would have meant another champions league campaign, more investment, a bigger chance to build from there…

Is that where it went wrong?

Yep

It can't be blamed as the sole reason - but yes, I do think it was the sliding doors moment and we would've kept our momentum to finish top 4 if we hadn't had that pause.

I don’t raise it to be negative but it feels for me like we were chasing a ghost the following season and bottled it for that fact. It’s no excuse, but that’s where Rodgers started to drive us off the road.

Here’s the positive counterpoint…

There was a turning point for where we find ourselves now. There will be another one for success. It may have already happened.

I don’t raise it to be negative but it feels for me like we were chasing a ghost the following season and bottled it for that fact. It’s no excuse, but that’s where Rodgers started to drive us off the road.

i remember going to Burnley away in the January or something. Burnley were absolutely shite at the time but beat us because we were toothless and it didn't take much for us to shit ourselves after they scored. It was a constant theme during Ted's tenure that if opposition sides were kind to us then we'd bum them but unfortunately some sides wouldn't just let us pass around them and we'd get bummed. Once we'd been bummed once we'd ask to have our tummies tickled for the next 5 games or so. The real turning point was forest in the fa cup, that was the moment the board chose relegation.

i remember going to Burnley away in the January or something. Burnley were absolutely shite at the time but beat us because we were toothless and it didn't take much for us to shit ourselves after they scored. It was a constant theme during Ted's tenure that if opposition sides were kind to us then we'd bum them but unfortunately some sides wouldn't just let us pass around them and we'd get bummed. Once we'd been bummed once we'd ask to have our tummies tickled for the next 5 games or so. The real turning point was forest in the fa cup, that was the moment the board chose relegation.
Was Brighton at home before or after that? I remember watching that game and registering no shots on target in the second half and thinking he had to go. That was my ‘Rodgers out’ epiphany.

Was Brighton at home before or after that? I remember watching that game and registering no shots on target in the second half and thinking he had to go. That was my ‘Rodgers out’ epiphany.

Think Brighton was the following but feels like the same season. Bournemouth was the most ridiculous bit of the previous collapse. If they'd sacked him when I'd wanted then maybe we'd never have won the cup. How the **** anyone still wanted the bellend in charge this time last year needs explaining though.....

Think Brighton was the following but feels like the same season. Bournemouth was the most ridiculous bit of the previous collapse. If they'd sacked him when I'd wanted then maybe we'd never have won the cup. How the **** anyone still wanted the bellend in charge this time last year needs explaining though.....
Forest in the cup was the moment, but of course I say this with the advantage of hindsight.

Forest in the cup was the moment, but of course I say this with the advantage of hindsight.
Completely agree. That was the last straw for me.

His conduct that summer and early part of the season not only cemented my view that he wasn’t up for the job, but that he was also an utter arsehole.

**** sake.

Really ?

Everyone knows that Covid was man made & it's creation was funded by the Premier League.

Our title win threatened their elite business model & weakened the grip of the top teams on the game. We needed to be punished so they started a global pandemic knowing we'd react badly to it thanks to having the club's horoscope done by Uri Geller.

Have you even heard of youtube ?

****ing sheeple.

( btw...the above is probably only the 18th most absurd Covid conspiracy theory available so feel free to shop around)

Covid probably had Top shitting himself - KP's revenues slumped but they were still sitting on a huge pile of cash. This probably resulted in lower investment in new players, but we had more than enough to survive last season.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463