Match Thread Watford (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why dont you stop supporting them then... you'll be happy.

I never said anything about support. I'm talking about expectations and having the stupidity to get carried away everytime we play well and win. Like after Southampton or Cardiff... coming away thinking that we might actually have turned it around. The same as last season under Sven.... thinking we could get back into the playoffs but failing everytime we had our fingertips on it. I was sold on all this money we have spent but we have been outdone tonight by a manager appointed from within for a club who havent spent more than Matt Mills earnt last month. For me thats it, I will not get carried away again.

The day I stop supporting this team is the day im propping the players up after being sprinkled over the pitch!

I get the feeling some people are only content when they have something to moan about or fight against. It annoys me more because this personality traight then turns me into someone who is always moaning. It's like a happiness vacuum.

Perhaps I have gone past the point of being bothered if we win or lose. Tragic really.

What arrogance? We beat Cardiff at the weekend with a decent performance, we have been playing well recently and only lost with the help of some strange referee decisions.

The arrogance to believe we should be beating them because they are Watford, every team in this division has the potential to beat any other, Cov have beaten Leeds, it doesn't mean Leeds are now shit, it means that in one game Cov got the breaks.

I never said anything about support. I'm talking about expectations and having the stupidity to get carried away everytime we play well and win. Like after Southampton or Cardiff... coming away thinking that we might actually have turned it around. The same as last season under Sven.... thinking we could get back into the playoffs but failing everytime we had our fingertips on it. I was sold on all this money we have spent but we have been outdone tonight by a manager appointed from within for a club who havent spent more than Matt Mills earnt last month. For me thats it, I will not get carried away again.

The day I stop supporting this team is the day im propping the players up after being sprinkled over the pitch!

Perhaps you should chuck a few emoticons into your posts then.

9 points adrift with the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th places all with a game in hand.

Sets us up perfectly to comfortable beat Norwich on Saturday to resume talk of maybe again.........

They are shit. They are 15th in a very average division. I have seen them three times this season and every time they looked terrible.

Well we're 12th so nearly as shit, so should not be expecting to beat them so easily. The history of the club means nothing. Our team this year has performed barely any better than them over half a season, to expect us to be streets ahead today is at best naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669