Watford match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well said Naughty fox...

I for one am happy with a point with the way we haven't been able to score recently. Roll on 3 points at West Ham on Friday!!!

:smt026

Micky Adams' job was to maintain a side good enough to be challenging promotion back to the premiership immediately.

He Failed

Levein's job is somewhat different. he's gotta build a new squad of players that is not only capable of challenging for promotion but is young enbough to be around to see the job through and keep us in the prem. it will be a gradual process and we all knew it would get worse before it got better.

He's doing a good job IMO

Nathan said:
Micky Adams' job was to maintain a side good enough to be challenging promotion back to the premiership immediately.

He Failed

He left when we were just a couple of points off the playoffs!

The point is, we have gone DOWNHILL since Levein took over.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
So why, if we are such a small club, did we want Adams sacked when were were in the TOP half of the league?

Levein has done nothing to give me any confidence for the future. For example, he's been panic buying players because they are 'young and hungry' and nothing to do with whether they are good enough. Stefan Moore ffs.

Do you seriously think Micky Adams would have gotten us relegated to league 1?

1. When did I say we were small?
2. Adams had lost the plot in his own admission and the performances reflected this.
3. So the future is 35 year + players is it that could'nt really give a toss as they will not be here next year anyway???? When MA was signing has beens the cry was were are the younger players, CL takes an educated gamble on some younger players and he is panic buying :-? Stefan Moore has played 70mins of football and he is not good enough???? bet you will not complain if he scores the goals to keep us up!!! WE DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY ANY SUPERSTARS WE NEED TO CREATE THEM!!!!!
4. YES, we were on a downward spiral, loosing games, no heart, no fight, no tactics, HOOF HOOF HOOF. Even if by some miricle he did keep us up what for next season????
Can you not see that our team has a changed attitude and fight and the performances have improved giving me great heart for the future. CL still has a majority of MA players to work with and IMO has done a fairly good job so far. Yes we are near the bottom, but at least with CL we have a chance and we know we are trying, if it was MA at the healm we would be looking for the bottle of pills.

Steven you are right mate, there is no harm in wishing for the 'MON Days' and I hope we het them soon, IMO CL could get close given time, but alot of people want it now which just ai'nt going to happen.

Ofcourse Moore isn't good enough. Why on earth would he be good enough?

A players age has absolutely nothing to do with how good they are. You would all love Dickov or Ferdinand to be here.

If we go down it will be the mother of all disasters, from which we may never recover! Having the right players now is more important than in the future when we could be in league 1? league 2?

As for the long ball, you wouldn't be complaining if we were succesful with it. Who didn't enjoy the promotion season because of the 'style' of play?

Jesus Christ, all those who want CL out, piss off to Forest - they'll have you.

Pathetic bunch of winging idiots, you're not old enough to have any serious grasp of football and LCFC, piss off.

alex said:

Pathetic bunch of winging idiots, you're not old enough to have any serious grasp of football and LCFC, piss off.

Well said Alex, couldnt have put it better myself.

alex said:

Well if the likes of you hadn't winged for Mickys head, we wouldn't be in such a ****ing depressing situation.

Your the ones who have got us into this crap, and you have the nerve to criticise me.

**** off yourself.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Ofcourse Moore isn't good enough. Why on earth would he be good enough?

A players age has absolutely nothing to do with how good they are. You would all love Dickov or Ferdinand to be here.

If we go down it will be the mother of all disasters, from which we may never recover! Having the right players now is more important than in the future when we could be in league 1? league 2?

As for the long ball, you wouldn't be complaining if we were succesful with it. Who didn't enjoy the promotion season because of the 'style' of play?

Moore is'nt good enough for what exactly???? LCFC?????How can you make such a judgement on a player on 70mins of football, if you can you are in the wrong job mate.

Yes it would be a disaster, but alot of the players playing now are MA players, which in my opinion have improved under CL, so it undermines your point and love for MA??? What are the right players anyway, somebody with a name in the game that earns thousands a week and is bound to play for LCFC rather than ply thier trade in the prem? get real.

The long ball worked with great effect then and we all enjoyed promotion, but as soon as other teams knew how to stop us we never had a plan B and just kept hoping the hoof would work. CL at least shows tactical awareness and changes things with last night a prime example.

If we can start to score goals we should not have a problem and if we still had DICKov, Sir Les and Bent that may not be problem, but we got relegated under MA and they left for the prem, so no point in looking at the what if's.

Please find the one single thread of me ever moaning about MA, until the week he quit, go on.

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
When I say the likes of you I mean those who criticised Adams and wanted him sacked. If you were not one of these, I apologise.

It's OK FNQ, I got cross with that lot too at the time!

Look, I don't want to fall out with any LCFC fans, I just really think it's short-sighted to get on CL's back at present. At the same time, I think MA will prove himself an excellent manager, he was with us once and at every club prior... He just had too much bullshit to deal with by the end here...

Let's get behind the lads eh?....Until we lose at our new derby game at Chesterfield next term, by a De Vries O.G....!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669